Driving and Snacking

markgum
on 6/28/05 5:49 am - Littleton, CO
Hi all; was wondering if any of you have experienced (what I will call) 'road trip boardem snacking'? Had to take a child to college and the 8+ hour drive; got board and found myself wanting to snack on something. I ate cashews; graham crackers and lots of water. so that isn't so bad; but.. when your not hungry we should not eat. Right. Well, I think it was just because I was bored with sitting in the drivers' seat and wanted something to do. anyhooo.. if any of you have ideas of how to handle this it would be appreciated. I'll be making the drive a few more times and would hate to gain weight because I ate.. thanks. mark g.
sshelbyk
on 7/1/05 6:57 am - Park Rapids, MN
Hey Mark, I know what you mean. I get that "windshield gaze" after a few hours on the road. I need to do something with my hands to keep my focus on the road. If I know I'm going to be on the road for hours at a time, I try to plan ahead. I pack a cooler with healthy snacks and a couple of protien drinks. My favorites are apples and string cheese sticks. I know if I don't do this, I'm always stopping and convenience stores and trying to find something to snack on. I also make the meal I eat before I leave a small one. That way, if I do get the urge to snack, it's not as hard on the diet. I learned this from my mom, who is a diabetic. She always has her "goodie bag" with trail mix and yogurt. Also, stop periodically along the way to get out and stretch your legs for a few minutes. Gets the blood and brain circulating again. Good luck and happy driving. Shelley 8-D
George Price
on 5/22/06 3:57 am - Leesburg, GA
Mark, I see you on the men's board all the time but I never noticed that our surgeries were both in Nov of 03. Cool!! Hope every thing is going well from your PS surgery. I think it was terrible that your link to the pics was broken. I did get a chance to see them though. You look great and I am jealous. Congrats. George
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views