Positive Changes?

Dawn
on 7/11/05 5:33 am - Salem, IL
What are some of the positive changes that you have experienced since WLS? Any negative changes? Positive: 1. Can tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. 2. No longer have to shop in plus size section. 3. I can eat in public without feeling afraid about what people would think of me. 4. Have a whole lot more room in my car. 5. Feel like I can live without ever eating another OREO cookie. 6. Have more energy to play with my children. 7. Feel absolutely wonderful about myself!!! I only have 2 negative things since WLS, but they are related to one another. 1. Everything I eat makes me sick. 2. I am having trouble keeping on the weight. I just went on aciphex to fix problem number one and the doc says that will help with my weight also. ((((((HUGS)))))) Dawn
carol18
on 7/12/05 8:54 am - Stow, OH
I too had a problem eating anything without it making me sick. I finally went back to my doctor in March. He ended up doing exploratory surgery in March and found an internal hernia at the connection site of my pouch and intestine. Also found was an ulcer at around the same site. Since everything has been fixed I can eat alot more - which isn't exactly a good thing! But I feel 100% better. Staying stable with the wieght. I have lost a total of 161 pounds. I started at 301 and now down to 140 - being 5' 8" I think this should be it. My first goal was 190 and then 160 never thought I would be at 140 My biggest positive change is just knowing that I can go anywhere and "fit" into any chair! Negative is roller coasters - The fat doesn't keep you wedged in and you "fly" all around!
Dawn
on 7/12/05 11:20 am - Salem, IL
Congratulations Carol!!!!!! It sounds like you are doing great!!! I do have a hernia, but my doctor says that it is no big deal if it is not giving me any problems. I really do not feel like having surgery right now if I do not have to, so I will let it go until winter. I like laying around the pool and do not want anything to get in the way of that!!!!
Redy2b H.
on 7/23/05 10:52 pm - TALLAHASSEE, FL
Positive... 1. I can go to work and still come home & clean my house ( I never had the strength to do that before) 2. I can go shopping in ALL stores, not just in the spec. large size stores. 3. I look forward to vacations now, instead of worry, will I be able to keep up with my family or worse, spoil the day because I'm so tired. 4. I had to replace ALL clothes and my shoes, because they are were all to big 5. Buying clothes because I like them, not because they come in my size!! 6. Buying different styles, not the same styles in every color!!! hee hee Negative.. 1. I've had alot of health problems, not related to wls, but just my age and the fact that I've been overweight my whole life, so my weight loss has been slow. 2. I've developed on going problems with my esphagus (sp?) which I have to take alot of meds for and see a gastro doc every three months. But he is hopeful that once my weight levels off this will get better and may go away. ( I hope ) Angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views