Hi, anyone taking water pills?

Mitzi W.
on 10/10/05 3:02 am - Lebanon, VA
Hi, I had my surgery in Nov. 10 2003 and I to am struggleing with my weight. I had lost my 100 lbs and was down to 169. Well here lately I've been tired so my pcp checked my thyroid and its underactive. I started synthroid and go back to get it checked again next week. In themean time I've gained back up to 186, I just about freaked.... Well I know I've been having to much reg. coffee, etc. and not exercising like I should but I'm freaking here. Anyone going though this, also I feel so bloated, even though I'm drining my crystal light all the time. just looking for any advice and anything that you might have went though yourselves. Thanks, Mitz
mlovesh
on 10/10/05 5:40 am - Union City, CA
I have not taken water pills but I am in the same boat as you. I had lost down to 135 and have gained back up to 148. I also feel bloated but I think that may be because this is my body's first time having to deal with a weight gain in 2 years. About a week ago I started to cut out and cut back on some of the bad habits I have picked up these last few months and I am starting to feel a difference. I think the major factor for me was bad food choices and not enough physical activity. I don't want to get all the way back down to 135 but 140-143 would be nice. Now that the "honeymoon" is over every pound is a struggle. Melissa
Mitzi W.
on 10/10/05 5:49 am - Lebanon, VA
Thanks Melissa, I totally agree, I'm with you on the food choices also, and I believe I'm just feeling the effects of gaining. I've started back with major protein and good carbs, I think I've just been lucky so far not to gain with some bad carbs and its catching up with me. Congrats on your loss..... I would like to be within 5 lbs of 169 and I told myself if I got up that I would immediatly loose and not chance it.... Its really hard to believe that its been 2 years. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with this. Lets keep each other updated. What are you doing to help you? Hugs, Mitzi
mlovesh
on 10/11/05 3:22 am - Union City, CA
Well Mitzi I could be doing more but I have started to cut back on those evil but oh so tasty "bad" crabs. I love bread, crackers, chips & dip, etc.... and have been known to make meal out of 1/2 a bagel (loaded w/ cream cheese of course). Now I may have a crack or 2 with my soup instead of 1/2 a bag over the course of a few hours. One of my other major downfalls has been starbucks. I swear they put addictive drugs in that stuff because I have become a fiend. I dream about starbucks and get downright snappy if I don't have it. I would have been ok if I had stuck to non-fat sugar free lattes but a few months back I upgraded to Venti (large) non-fat 3 pump mochas with whipped cream on top. Not only that but I have 2-3 of them a day and at about 400 calories each I blame them for making my size 2 jeans not pull up past my thighs. I have cut back to 1 every other day. I have also become a computer/couch potato. I spend all day at work on the computer, hours in the car commuting and then go home and sit. I have a beautiful park with tennis, basketball, trails, etc... outside my front door but I never have the energy to make it over there so last week I started forcing myself to at least take a walk around the park with my kids in the evenings. Melissa
~~Angel~~
on 10/12/05 10:43 pm - Buffalo, NY
Melissa, please look how far you have come! I, too, like my Starbucks, but I limit myself to one tall caramel macchiato - yes, with the whipped cream - but larger than that and I feel close to dumping. I don't go more than once a week and I do it early in the afternoon so I will burn it off. I so do not want to get my fat back. Neither do you! One of the other things - walk on your lunch hour. Take the stairs if your only going down one floor. Don't park right up to the door at the grocery store - park way out and walk up. Little things like that do give you exercise. And I put my cardio walker where I can hop on that puppy and watch tv while I walk!
KittyKatt
on 10/11/05 4:53 am - San Diego, CA
I was windering the same thing about the weight gain. I lost from 244 lbs to 110 lbs and then gained back to 117 lbs just this month. I know when I have made bad foos chioces because it shows up on the scale. I am not addicted to weighing everyday but I do use it to help guage my food choices. I went to my PCP last week and all my labs were great except my kidney function. A normal low is 90 and mine is at 85! My PCP told me that I need to drink tons more water and recheck my kidneys in 3 months. I just turned 30 and he said I was way too young to be having kidney problems! It scares me really bad but when I drink water I see the scale move up and I hate it, but I am really trying. If I have to get a pair of jeans bigger than a 2 I am ready to cry! I worked so hard for the weight loss and I have changed some many bad habits, albiet, I am not perfect but I really am taking care of myself much better now. Jeannie 244/112
~~Angel~~
on 10/12/05 10:37 pm - Buffalo, NY
I had the same problem with the getting tired stuff. What I learned is that it is normal for us to become vitamin B and iron deficient at this stage. You are about as far out as I am. My PCP is not versed in gastric bypass and its physiology, so I went to my surgeon, who pulled labs. I now take the generic form of Trinsicon which is a prescription complex megavitamin B/C/iron with intrinsic factor. You need to remember that you are not like you were before, and you will sometimes need to be in touch with your surgeon for issues related to your new physiology. Good luck and God bless.
debjimpr
on 10/14/05 1:19 am - Park Rapids, MN
Hello there Mitz, I had my thyroid out about 5yrs ago and am taking synthroid too. My doctor has since been trying to regulate the dosage I need to take and it is tiresome. I think I gained some weight back because of the fluctuation of trying to get a dosage to stableize me. We are still working on this. Don't know what to tell you on the coffe thing, I am going to quit drinking it and start drinking ho****er with lemon added so that I can get my water in plus have a hot drink this winter. Hope everything works out, let me know, Deb Allen-Moore
Mitzi W.
on 10/14/05 2:43 am - Lebanon, VA
Deb and all, Thanks so much for all the response. Deb, please keep me posted on yours and I will on mine. I go back to my pcp next thursday and I might just have to go back to my surgeon to check my labs also.... God bless, Mitzi
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 707 views