Recent Posts

Lisa Gotro
on 5/13/08 3:19 am - Fosters, AL
Topic: RE: Just wanted to drop in and say hi.........
Hi Jan! It's so nice to see you posting. I dropped in on this board because I have gained back quite a bit. I am sick when I think about it & I know it is snacking that has hurt me the most. Any hoo, it was so good to see you! Lisa Gotro
Belton_Brenda
on 4/27/08 9:29 pm - Belton, TX
Topic: RE: Mortified and Disgused and hopless
OMg I am right with y'all.........I feel better. After the TExas testing ..(.I am a teacher) I am back on track. That will be Thursday. I already started exercising. Now I gotta get rid of the SLURPEE craving. It kills me because I can not stand the crystal light one. ughghghgh Cleaning the cabinets THURSDAY>>>> plus I am buying a grill that should help too. grilling chicken and shrimp. Let's keep in touch!!!!!
subannette
on 4/23/08 12:57 pm - Valparaiso, IN
Well, as someone else mentioned, I haven't been on this site in ages. It looks like no one else has either but maybe, just maybe, someone else will get back on soon. I am now heading into the same boat as everyone else. I've only put only about 3-4 pounds but I've gone up a size in clothes. All of the shift in weight has gone to my stomach and I look flabby. I feel dowdy. I don't know if it comforts me to know others are in the same boat or if it makes me feel hopeless. It's the candy (M & M's and stuff - those little things) that are doing me in! And I'm trying so hard to start working out again. When I worked out 5-6 days a week I had energy. Now I'm not working out (it's been 2 years since I worked out consistently) so I have no energy. No energy means I can't get my butt out of bed to work out. It's a vicious cycle! Maybe if we could all get back on this site and encourage each other daily - hold each other accountable - we could do this again. Think of it - it can't be that hard to lose 10-30 pounds. That's nothing compared to where we came from, right??
Sharon B.
on 3/15/08 10:34 am - Chapel Hill, TN
Topic: RE: Nutri System after Gastric Bypass
Why would you want to go with Nutra System? Do you not have a Dr that will work with you and get you back on track with your protein supplements that you used after your surgery? There are too many carbs in those meals. I know my surgeon would die if he know I was going back to old diet habits. Good Luck. That is just what I think. I have to get back on track too, but I just went to talk with my dr office that will help me out Sharon
carlaz
on 12/17/07 5:11 am - Maggie Valley, NC
Topic: RE: I got approved for ps
I am new here, but that is awesome, how did you get it approved? :clap: I am looking to get PS done anytime, just don't know how to get insurance to pay for it. Thanks, Carla :thumbsup:
alicefromdallas
on 11/22/07 11:15 am - Austin, TX
Topic: RE: Want to hear something positive
Hi. I had my surgery on 11/10/04. So I've lost 135 pounds and have kept it off. I fluctuate between 150 and 155. If I go over the 5 pound difference I don't panic but I go back to the basics and get back where I need to be. I'm thrilled with my weight loss and don't have to really work very hard at it. I hope you have great success and happiness! xoxo alice
Belinda0172
on 11/5/07 10:36 am
Hi Amy, It actually comforted me to know that other post-op gastric bypass patients are having the same issues I am. I had my surgery in Sept of '04. I weighed 407 the day of the surgery and I weigh 289 as of this morning. Exactly one year after my surgery I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. At that time I was down to 247....FINALLY under the 250 mark but that didn't last long. I only gained 16 pounds during my pregancy, the weight came when the baby did. The stress of being a 1st time mom sent me eating junk food, I stopped working out...because I was practically sleep walking taking care of a newborn. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame my son at all, this is just how things took place and what sent me back up on the scale. My BIGGEST mistake of all was when I started to drink while eating, thus allowing me to eat more. This was the worst mistake I could have made. My fear is that I've stretched my stomach out again and my surgery was a waste of time. I feel just as you do, mortified, disgusted, and hopeless....PLUS very worried. Belinda
Curlyque C.
on 10/16/07 3:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
Topic: Hello 3 Year coming soon
Hello All I just wanted to say Hi and hope that you all are still on track with your weight loss . . . I have managed to stay pretty steady with my weight loss, Take Care
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/07 1:01 pm - old bridge, NJ
Topic: Nutri System after Gastric Bypass
Hey all, I had my WLS Nov 11 2004 lost 132 pds. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and gained 75 pds during my pregnancy, I was eating out of control. I lost 35 pds within two weeks of having my little one. I have 4o pds to go and was going to try the nutri system diet just to get the weight down, then I am going to try to maintain. Any advice? Has anyone tried Nurti System. I'm wondering if the meal are going to be too large to finish, but most people complain that they are small. We shall see...... Please let me know if you have any advice. Thank you. Kristie~
Elle B.
on 8/13/07 11:54 am - St. Louis, MO
Hi to all. I am right here with you all. I started out a 3 pounds up, then took that off, then up 5, now it is almost 20. Got the exercise back in starting last week, but the snacking is bad.... At work seems to be ok, but I get home and the mouth opens, the arm bends, and I just don't seem to stop, I have decided that beating myself up isn't the way. We cannot "hate" ourselves into taking care of ourselves. We are all worth the effort. We worked hard, and took care of ourselves enough to go through this surgery. We need to nurture ourselves enough to CARE about what we do. I'm praying for all of us, to make it through one moment, celebrate that we did what is best for us, and then get through the next one.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views