Eating out of control!

Rob3boys
on 10/5/08 11:22 pm - NM
My surgery date is Nov 5th and I know I have to go high protein low carb in a couple of weeks. So my eating was out of control this weekend. Is anyone else going through the same thing???

BABNRS
on 10/6/08 5:09 am
Howdy surgibuddy!  I am set for Nov 5th also! 

I am WAY out of control!  I got my approval/surgery date on October 1st and I swear I've gained 5 pounds!!  I call them celebratory pounds!!  My nutritionist calls it last supper syndrome!  I think it is more like "last breakfast/lunch/snack/supper and dessert syndrome".  You are certainly not alone!

<3Rhonda

God will never give you more than you can handle. Lord, am I close?

henrywb
on 10/6/08 6:01 am - Pottstown, PA
Ditto.  I just got my date a few hours ago, but the waiting made me just give up trying anything, and my eating has been crazy.

Port repaired 6/16/2010 weight that day 270
Kelly C.
on 10/6/08 6:13 am - Clinton, Canada

There is no way you are alone on this topic. I found myself doing the same thing. I have been doing good these past couple of days, BUT today I found myself face first into a bag of potato chips and before I knew it I have almost ate the WHOLE freakin bag!!WTF......I feel sick to my stomach knowing I almost ate the entire bag. But I did it and cant go back so I will not do that again!!LOL

Kelly

Rob3boys
on 10/6/08 7:13 am - NM
Oh I feel so much better! I have been better today - thank goodness! Thank you all for posting. It's nice to know we are not alone. November is going to be a great month for all of us! I can't wait to finally feel full!

Have a great day!

Robyn
Ellen H.
on 10/6/08 12:04 pm - Metro Detroit, MI
Yep I am in the can't stop eating club.  It is very anxiety ridden time for me.  I am very busy but time still feels like it isn't going by fast enough.  I do feel much better to know I am not alone though.
jeani1123
on 10/6/08 9:17 am - Scranton, PA
 Hey there.  My surgery date is Nov 10th, and I am going kinda out of control myself.  Mostly, I think in my mind its like my last hurrahh...since I'm making this huge life change.  Hang in there, don't be too hard on yourself.  My plan is to start eating healthier when I'm at 3 weeks from surgery, and trying to do the pre-op diet for 8 days instead of the required 5.  
SenidM
on 10/6/08 12:12 pm - Williston, ND
Hey "Sweet Cheeks" (you remind me of my daughter)......My surgery date is for November 19th and I, too, have been in a food frenzy and it is almost like I'm never going to get "real" food to eat again ever in my life.  I'm so glad to see that there are many of you out there that are doing the same thing.  It must be natural then, ya think?  I will start my low calorie diet on Oct. 19th so I guess I think I've got to eat like there's no tomorrow.   A strange thing.....that brain of ours and what it makes us do sometimes.

Good luck to all of your that have November surgery dates.  Let's all try to keep in touch here. okay?

Sandy
Debbi M.
on 10/6/08 4:10 pm - San Pedro, CA

Hi Robyn,
    I have been on the low carb/ high protein diet since July.  And yes... since getting my surgery date last Thursday and being a little stressed about it I have gone way off.  Over the weekend I ate a whole bag of Trader Joes corn chips... veggie flavor, so I justified it somehow... lol...  a 1/4 bag of cheetos.. would have eaten more if there were more, and I ate a whole bowl, I mean the whole 2 cups worth of fat free/sugar free jello pudding!!  Guess what.... I've been sick to my stomach since Sunday night with cramps and diarrhea.  LOL... that will teach me, huh???!!!  I really want to have buscuits and gravy with sausage, hash browns, and eggs....  but I won't....  LOL  It would probably kill me at this point!! 

"There is not life without pain, no treasure without the hunt.... Getting things easily will never make us into the women God is calling us to be."  

Darlene E.
on 10/6/08 11:00 pm - Harrow, Canada
Hi Robyn.
My date in Nov 10 and since my consult in June, I've gained 10 pounds. I managed to quit smoking with no trouble, but I just can't seem to stop eating.
As of yesterday, I have 3 weeks to lose those 10 pounds plus 10 more. I've heard of them refusing to do the surgery if you're heavier then your consult. I don't know., I'm just trying to cover my bases I guess. I def want to have it done lapriscopicly (sp?)
I also don't need to do the liquid diet before surgery. God, don't know if I could do it.
I hope you get your eating under control and your surgery goes well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views