preparing house for November surgery - Friday

kellylink
on 10/17/08 11:52 am
Hi, all!  What an exciting month coming up!  I'm so looking forward to November.

How are you all preparing for your WLS?  Mental, physical, diet, family, house, work?  Thought we could encourage, help, and give ideas to one another as we look forward to our November surgery dates.

Today I worked hard on the house.  I started flylady.com again - I've never stuck to it before, but am determind I can do it for 30 days
I was able to continue to stay on top of dishes, laundry and cleaned bathroom
I unexpectedly had the day off so gathered all my clothes from attic, basement, drawers and things my sisters had given me when they lost weight.  I sorted them according to size and now have them organized for my weight loss journey.  I have a variety from 24 to 14  - the 14s looked so tiny!  I remember thinking I was fat when I fit in them - now I'll consider it a success beyond my wildest imagination if I could get back in them.

Diet wise - didn't diet, but didn't go crazy!  Don't want to have to buy bigger clothes between now and surgery date!  Also wanting to keep liver healthy.  Did NOT get enough protein in to help with quicker recovery and to get in the habit - hopefully will work on that tomorrow. Ordered a ton of protein samples from Vitalady for post-surg.

Work - I notified boss of surgery date and time off, as well as arranged for coverage during recovery time.  I also notified church about taking time off from teaching Sunday School and Children's Church.

Looking forward to being inspired by each of you and encouraged to keep focused on the goal!

Peace,
Kelly
sheri139
on 10/17/08 6:25 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/05/08 with
Congratulations!!

You are one organized lady.  I have done very little to do with this.  We are busy cleaning out the garage so that the car can fit in for the winter. 

Other than that I find that I am spending a lot of time on this site finding out all I can about what could possibly happen so that I am prepared mentally for it all.

I guess I should make hotel reservations soon but am a little unsure how many days to make them for so I think that will be my small job for today.

I have been doing some sorting in the house as well as when I come home I will be babysitting my granddaughter 2 days a week as my DIL goes back to work that same week I go to surgery. 

Scared, nervous, excited, that says it all.

RNY on Nov 5  in Utica, NY
Sheri
RNY ohcardsmallsheri.gif picture by lynnca1972 Nov 5, 2008
16 pounds lost pre surgery    
kellylink
on 10/17/08 10:53 pm
Sheri - wow!  you're coming back and starting babysitting  - you're amazing!  I hope you're family realizes how lucky they are!

If I was organized I probably wouldn't have to be running around like mad a month prior to surgery to get everything cleaned, et cet :)  Maybe it will keep with me and family after surgery!

Not planning on doing much today but enjoy my family.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views