nov 7th

bigboy98
on 10/18/08 6:37 am - MI
november 7th is my date . dr. krause is my surgeon is anyone close to that date.
Debbi M.
on 10/18/08 8:29 am - San Pedro, CA

Hi!  Congrats on your surgery date!!  I'm having surgery on Nov. 5th.... RNY, with Dr. Baghai here in So. Cal.  Best of Luck to you on this journey... and this is a great place for support if you have any questions or concerns... someone is always here to help!!  Don't know what I'd do without this board!!

"There is not life without pain, no treasure without the hunt.... Getting things easily will never make us into the women God is calling us to be."  

bigboy98
on 10/18/08 10:48 am - MI

Thanks for the comeback,originally i had a date of oct 17th,but it got moved to nov 7th. i kinda wi**** was done by now.  so i could start losing

Debbi M.
on 10/18/08 2:15 pm - San Pedro, CA
Its never too early to start losing!!  I took this very seriously the minute I walked into my surgeons office.  When she told me what I would have to do once I had surgery... I started doing it immediately... and I havn't looked back.  That meant no more Diet Pepsi, no more Arthritis drugs, no more carbs, and lots of protein!!!  I've lost almost 40 lbs in 3 months!  This is a lifestyle change... and I knew I needed to do it now or never.  Your doctor didn't require that you lose weight before surgery?  Most will have you lose 10% to shrink the liver and belly fat a bit, and just to see how your body responds to the weight loss.  It gets you in the mindset too because after surgery there will be big changes...  and its kind of hard to change overnight!  Most people take from 6 months to 2 years to get in prep for this surgery.  I wish you the best of luck... and the 7th will be here before you know it!!!  Take Care!

"There is not life without pain, no treasure without the hunt.... Getting things easily will never make us into the women God is calling us to be."  

Robyn H
on 10/21/08 2:04 pm - Canada
November 7th as well. I am with you, I wi**** was done already. Everytime I think of it my stomach turns.
ms.angie
on 10/23/08 6:19 am
Congrats on your journey to being a healtier you. My Date is November the 12th
sweetbabi
on 10/24/08 2:07 am - Haines City, FL
I'm having mine on the 4th. My surgeon is Dr. Nye in Pensacola, FL.
bigboy98
on 10/24/08 12:01 pm - MI
I just got back from seeing the dietician and one of the doctors,I have two weeks to go.they are putting me on a starvation diet before surgery. Are you on any diet.
sweetbabi
on 10/25/08 1:38 am - Haines City, FL
They haven't put me on a diet yet. I have an appt to see the dr on the 29th. I don't know if he'll put me on one then or not. I won't have my nutrition class until the 3rd.
Stephen D.
on 11/3/08 1:11 am - Rockville, IN

My doctor is Huse at Carmel Indiana at the St vincent bariactric center.
It will be at 8 am Friday.
Godd luck and walk sip repeat
Indianasteve

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control