sleeve surgery on Nov 24. I'm scared and excited!

fourfleas
on 10/19/08 12:27 pm
Hi group. I haven't posted before as this whole thing didn't really hit me until just lately. Now, I'm scared it won't work for some reason, or that something will go wrong. I'm glad you're all there and I'll do my  best to support you also!
I can't wait, and I'm dreading it a bit also. I'm afraid I'll really miss eating things, but I can't wait to have an excuse NOT to eat. Weird, huh?

Are any of you in Augusta or South Carolina? I live near Aiken, SC and am having the surgery in Augusta, GA.

Muffy in SC
Darlene E.
on 10/20/08 4:19 am - Harrow, Canada
Congrat on your date. That's my hubby's birthday, and now it will be yours too.

You pretty much summed up how I'm feeling. Scared something will go wrong, scared I'll miss eating, scared I'll re-gain my weight. Lots of fears, but very excited too. I can't wait to start losing this weight. I can't wait to fit into normal clothes from a regular store. I can't wait to feel pretty.  I really can't wait to stop feeling selfconcious and embarrased.
Soon, those fears will be replaced with thoughts of   " Thank goodness I did it and I'd do it all over again"
Hugs
fourfleas
on 10/20/08 8:57 am
do you have a date yet? I'm feeling exactly the way you are! I go from being really excited about it, to being really nervous, to being afraid I'll really not get used to not being able to eat. My husband really likes to cook, so I hope it won't be a problem for him. But I just keep telling myself that this is something I'm doing for ME and I'm so sick of trying to lose weight and failing all the time. So this has got to be a better alternative!

Thanks so much for responding and good luck with your surgery and afterwards!  Muffy
StaceyBT
on 11/3/08 12:01 am - GA
That was my original surgery date with Dr. Blaney, but it was moved up and I had my sleeve this past Wed. You will do wonderful. You have an awesome doctor that will take good care of you. Will you be at the support group this Thursday?
fourfleas
on 11/3/08 6:47 am
Thanks, Stacey, for the support. How do you feel after your surgery? I'm going to really try to get to the support group this Thursday. Will you be there? I'm glad to hear you really liked Dr. Blaney. That makes me feel alot better and more confident. I'm really looking forward to this now.
Hope to meet you soon and that you bounce right back from the surgery.  Muffy
StaceyBT
on 11/3/08 10:07 am - GA
I am doing just fine, so far. You should definitely come to the support group. They are very important and can answer many of your questions. I will be there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views