Hey everyone....just an update on PATs

Kelly C.
on 10/22/08 9:54 am - Clinton, Canada
Hey all you Novemberans.........I just wanted to let you all know that I passed PATs on Monday!!!So here I come Nov.3!!!!

The only thing that the doc said was they found some Gallstones and she (Dr.V the doc who cleared me) said I now have the decision to have my Gallbladder removed at the time of surgery! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....in all honesty. I have never had a problem with it AT ALL. So why would I touch it if its not bothering me. I have had alot of different opinions from many wonderful people, but the more the merrier.PLEASE...what would you do in my spot. I know if can become very very painful if I do have an attack and the doc told me it could act up after rapid weight loss.

Thanks
Hugs
Kelly

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
boobrajean2008
on 10/22/08 11:13 am - ravenna, OH
I would have it removed it will save you from a possible 2nd surgery and you dont need it anyway... SO I say tellem to take it.
Darlene E.
on 10/22/08 12:16 pm - Harrow, Canada
I say if it aint broke....
If they take it now, you'll have to be open  rather then lap right? If so, I'd wait and see what happens in the future. You may not have a problem. If you do, they can re-open the incision and take it from there, or even better, laser them,

Good luck with what ever you decide.
sheri139
on 10/22/08 3:15 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/05/08 with
I saw I would avoid 2 operations if I had the chance - gallstones can be intense.  Been there and don't want to do it again!!

You don't need it anyway so why keep it...

Sheri
RNY ohcardsmallsheri.gif picture by lynnca1972 Nov 5, 2008
16 pounds lost pre surgery    
kellylink
on 10/22/08 9:33 pm
I'm getting my gallbladder AND appendix removed for similar reasons during surgery.

Good luck!
Ellen H.
on 10/22/08 11:22 pm - Metro Detroit, MI
If it were me I would opt to have it removed.  I guess I just consider it saving yourself from the potential of surgery in the future.  But I also don't think it is that big of a deal to leave it either.  If you have never had any problems then there is no reason to believe you would I suppose.  Good luck with your choice.
Kelly C.
on 10/22/08 11:29 pm - Clinton, Canada
SOOOOO MANY DECISIONS!!!!AHHHHH    LOL    I think that if I lived close to the Clinic I would take it out, but I dont live close and it was hard enough for my husband to take time off that asking to take more time off he wouldnt be able to get it. I do keep goign back and forth about getting it out and not. Plus I know they can do it laprascopic to remove your gallbladder.

I dont know. Like I said before its not bothering me so I know you dont need it, but I dont  want to take something out that isnt bothering me!!

I will let you guys know what my decision is!!

Hugs
Kelly

Debbi M.
on 10/27/08 5:02 pm - San Pedro, CA

Hi Kelly!
     If it were me... and honestly I wi**** was... I would have it removed.  If you have gallstones... then you have a problem.  It may not be bothering you now.. but it will.  It is only a matter of time.  Gallstones are common... but not normal.  They can dislodge and cause a blockage and serious pain... why wait until that happens?  My gallbladder was fine, but I wish they would just take it.  My mom and sister both had to have their's out after WLS.   I say kill two birds with one gallstone while ya can!! (haha)  It is quite common for WLS patients to have their gallbladder removed at the same time... and yes, they can do it laproscopically.  Whatever you decide, I'm sure all with be fine!  Take Care! 

"There is not life without pain, no treasure without the hunt.... Getting things easily will never make us into the women God is calling us to be."  

2sailaway
on 10/26/08 12:46 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
OK, I just have to ask as I keep seeing it here.  What does 'PATS' stand for as in you passed your PATS?  Just curious.  My Surgery is Nov 6Th!!
Teri
Kelly C.
on 10/26/08 11:14 pm - Clinton, Canada
Hey Teri,
PATs stand for Pre-admission Testing!!

Hugs
Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views