PATs yesterday...

Ellen H.
on 10/22/08 11:35 pm - Metro Detroit, MI
Well I survived my 5 hours of PATs yesterday and now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  It is finally starting to feel more real.  My surgeon does not require a 2 week liquid diet but 2 days before I have to go full liquids and the day before I go clear liquids.  All I need to wait for is good blood results because everything was okay.  I want to go out and get some proteins for post surgery but I don't know what kind I should buy.  Does anyone know what you are going to buy or what others say is really good?

Less than two weeks now till my surgery!!!!
sheri139
on 10/23/08 12:07 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/05/08 with
I'm sure you're glad that is over.  Haven't heard from you in a while.
I see the NUT etc the day before surgery - so while you are in I will be having mine.
good luck and God bless and see you on the other side in 2 weeks.

Sheri
RNY ohcardsmallsheri.gif picture by lynnca1972 Nov 5, 2008
16 pounds lost pre surgery    
Kelly C.
on 10/23/08 9:11 am - Clinton, Canada
Yeah Congrates girl!! I had the exact same feeling when I was finished my pats I was like holy cow!!!

Hugs
kelly

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
Ellen H.
on 10/23/08 9:34 am - Metro Detroit, MI
Thanks for the congrats gals!  I keep reading my diet info again and again so that it will all soak in.  I honestly feel like I can't wait anymore!

Kelly are you going to have someone spend the night with you after surgery or is it still a close enough driving distance to go back and forth. 
2sailaway
on 10/25/08 7:42 am - Santa Clarita, CA
My doctor recommend World Wide Pure Protein (35 g of Protein). I think they taste OK. Sort of like a shake if you have an imagination.  They have them at nutrition stores and also at Trader Joe's. I just bought Achiev one drinks.  I am waiting for them to get cold. Everyone on this site seems to think they taste like a bottled Starbucks. (20g of Protein).  No matter what you get everyone I have talked to has said make sure they are really cold or they will taste nasty.  I am doing the liquid diet right now with surgery on Nov 6 Th!

Good Luck to you,

Teri
sweetbabi
on 10/27/08 2:44 am - Haines City, FL
I'm going to be using the chocolate whey protein that you can get from walmart. I haven't had it with water before, I use fat free milk and it doesn't take too bad. I don't see my surgeon until the 29th so I don't know when I'll have to start my liquid diet, but my surgery is on the 4th.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views