Preparing for November surgery - Thursday

kellylink
on 10/23/08 11:06 am
Very tired today. 

Work:  Finished November's schedule.  Realized for the first time how many hours/how much money I'll not be making next month.  Know it's for the best and have a savings, but man, that put everything into reality.

House: stayed on top of dishes and laundry; worked on master bedroom.  It's really coming together nice.  I think I'll enjoy my recovery oasis :)  Hoping to have time to paint living room before surgery, but will see.

Family:  took youngest and niece to see Wiggles.  We loved it.  I fantasized about the day where I'd actually fit into the seat :)

Eating: a ton of protein, but still having trouble with portion control - I swear I act like every meal is my last!  Doing well on cutting back caffein and chewing everything 20 bites

Emotionally:  arranged for when my supportive family will be visiting and taking time to stay at the hospital with me.  Surgery is three hours away and they've been amazing offering to drive up to sit with me, giving DH a break, as well as taking care of our kids while I'm out of commission.

I'm starting to get a little anxious, but assuming this is normal!  How about you guys, anyone else getting nervous? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 808 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 770 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1057 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2035 views