Went for my PATs today.

Darlene E.
on 10/27/08 11:19 am - Harrow, Canada
I went for my PATs this morning. Thanks to some of you, I learned that getting there early would pay off, and it did. I was able to get right in and sign my forms, have my blood work done, my BP, temp and oxygen levels taken then right into the nutrition class. (That class was for the early group and I was actually in the later group) After class I went for my chest x-ray and gallbladder ultrasound. 
I met with a doctor who gave me a physical then I had my EKG.  Last but not least I seen the respetologist.
The results? lungs clear, blood normal, oxygen 100%, EKG, x-ray and ultrasound perfect and my lung capacity is 120% (20% above the predicted level)
The doctor said my liver feels small and not enlarged at all, even though I'VE GAINED 12LBS! since my consult in June.

After my PATs I did some shopping for my post op needs. I bought 4 more jars of protein powders in great flavours, I picked up more Crystal Lite, Atkins bars and oatmeal. I even found some SF freezys. Now I just need to pick up some soups.
I also bought some new PJs, a robe and some toiletries.

Now it's time to wait until Nov 10.

Kelly C.
on 10/27/08 11:40 am - Clinton, Canada
Hey Dar.....glad everything went well!!! Where did you go to get stuff? Im going to try and get to London to the big walmart superstore and to Sams club to see what I can get in bulk. I figure I will be on alot of the same stuff for a month. Did you get your powders from Barixs? Im still up in the air about what ones to get!!!

Hugs
Kel

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
Darlene E.
on 10/27/08 12:03 pm - Harrow, Canada
I went to GNC in MI.  I got a 2lb "Jar" for $27 and the second 1/2 off.  Bought 4.  Here I paid $50 for one and that was on sale.
The stuff I bought here is called Syntha-6. I have strawberry and is soooo good.  The stuff I bought today is by the same company, but not sure of the name. The difference between the 2 is today's stuff is just whey and the other is different proteins.
Not sure what today's stuff is called. I'll have to check and let you know.
I also bought a bullet. Grape with 42g of protein for a "just in case" situation.

Good luck on your search.
ravendom
on 10/27/08 1:57 pm - Owen Sound, Canada
Hi Darlene. So glad to hear your pre-op went so well. What did the doctor say about your weight gain? I have not gained any but i have also not lost any so that worries me. I lost 40 pounds since may at weigh****chers but hit a plataeu in sept. and have stayed the same.

Current weight= 185, goal = 135, Surgery 11/25/2008

Darlene E.
on 10/27/08 2:59 pm - Harrow, Canada
Hey Kim,
The didn't even bring up the fact it was a gain. They just sort of read it out loud when I was on the scale as they marked it down. It was me that brought up the fact it was a gain and didn't say boo about it.
As you know, they want the loss to shrink the liver and the doctor said mine was nice and small now.
That's pretty much all that was said.
Congrats on losing the 40lbs. That's great.
Kelly C.
on 10/27/08 10:58 pm - Clinton, Canada

GNC????what is that?and where in MI

Darlene E.
on 10/27/08 11:09 pm - Harrow, Canada
GNC is a health store. They sell vitamins, herbs and powders.... stuff like that.  It's a big chain. We have one in Windsor but being in Canada, our prices are outrageous.
Have you heard of Spartain? If so, it's the same thing.  Body builders can buy their bulk up stuff in there too.
We drove around for what seemed like forever and just happened to find one on Ford Rd. We were just out looking for stores to go shopping. We really weren't headed anywhere.  So there could be one closer to Barix. Infact, I'd put money on it. Between Ypsi and Ann Arbor, one of them has got to have one.
Darlene E.
on 10/27/08 11:20 pm, edited 10/27/08 11:26 pm - Harrow, Canada
Ah, here we go.  I did a search.

ROUNDTREE PLACE
2327 ELLSWORTH ROAD
YIPSILANTI , MI 48197
Phone: (734) 528-9042

Map wouldn't print. Sorry.
Kelly C.
on 10/27/08 11:25 pm - Clinton, Canada
Thanks Dar!!!
Hugs
kel

ravendom
on 10/27/08 3:06 pm - Owen Sound, Canada
Thanks  Darlene, I hope they don't say boo about mine either lol. Im sure it will be ok. at least I lost that 40 pounds and now just stuck. Plus I quit smoking 3 weeks ago so i guess that is more important lol

Current weight= 185, goal = 135, Surgery 11/25/2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2032 views