November is Days Away. Please share your feelings about your surgery.

Darlene E.
on 10/28/08 9:55 pm, edited 10/29/08 5:31 am - Harrow, Canada
Our time is coming up so quick now. November is only 2 days away. As your date is drawing closer, what emotions are you feeling?  Are they the same as before or have they changed? 
Are you acting the same toward those around you or have you become more "difficult"?
I hear this is quite normal and I"m just wondering if you're going through the same thing.

Please share.
prettydee7
on 10/28/08 11:54 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
When I started this joruney in June 2008 it was like "OK, im going to have gastric bypass surgery".  But as I have been traveling month to month and doing more and more research, reading more about the procedure, understanding all that awaits me and the results I became increasingly more and more excited about having this surgery. 

Now that November is 2 days away and MY surgery is 20 days away, I am a BALL OF NERVES. Not fear but excitement and just plain impatient.  I want this sooooooo bad, no I NEED this so bad and now that I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel even clearer Im becoming more impatient.  I also have been really worried about not being approved by my insurance co.  I received my date at my first consultation with my surgeon so I have known my surgery date since my 3rd month in. My surgeons office will be submitting my paperwork to my Ins. co on Nov 5th or 6th!!!! So that is the thing that has me on edge. 

Only a few people in my family actually know Im having surgery. Most of my family live in different states then I do so when I see them for the next family gathering, I want them to be suprised at my weight loss and then I will explain to them how I accomplished it and the path I took to overcome our family obesity. 

But I have been pretty quiet about my feelings because I dont want to bother people and I dont want to put any negitives in the atmosphere. 

NOVEMBER 18TH CAN NOT GET HERE QUICK ENOUGH FOR ME!
Kelly C.
on 10/29/08 4:22 am - Clinton, Canada
Hey Dar and everyone else,

My surgery is just in well 5 sleeps away, and at this very moment IM FANTASTIC! I am not really that nervous! I am more anxious than anything.

Im sure there are thoughts of what ifs that go through everyones heads, but this is something I need to do for me in order to live a long and happy life!

Hugs
Kelly

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
New Shell
on 10/29/08 4:54 am - Livermore Falls, ME
I'm ready to do this.  I know what to expect surgery wise because I've had PLENTY of experience in the surgery department. I also had a fabulous role model to watch...my mom just had RNY in September so I know pretty much what to expect.  My only concern is not knowing how much pain I'm going to be in.  My mom was in a lot of pain but she is also 30+ years older than me.  I'm hoping I can bounce back from this procedure quickly and not get caught up relying on pain meds/etc. b/c sometimes that can make recovery longer!  I want my pain level to be about the same as my 2nd c section.  It was planned, left hospital on day  2, no pain meds at home only ibuprofen.  That's my hope and wish anyways...we will see what actually happens.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

Kelly C.
on 10/29/08 5:17 am - Clinton, Canada

That is so very true too. I really wish I know what to expect for the pain. I know what its like to go through child birth, but Im sure that is a different pain all together. So Im going to be thinking the worst possible pain!LOL. that way if it isnt that bad Im doign good!!LOL

Hugs
Kelly

MY AWESOME ANGEL IS  JEN.B
Darlene E.
on 10/29/08 5:30 am - Harrow, Canada
sweetbabi
on 10/29/08 7:56 am - Haines City, FL
I am very anxious. I had my pre-op tests and another dr visit today. it just made me more excited and anxious. I have to find out tomorrow if my gall bladder out as well. They said I will be in the hospital for 2 days. I too wonder how much pain I'm going to be in. I had surgery last Nov to have a ruptured tube fixed ... I wasn't in any pain afterward ( just a little sore like I did an ab workout). I'm hoping this turns out the same way.
Darlene E.
on 10/29/08 8:47 am - Harrow, Canada
I honestly think the pain factor is one of my biggest fears. I've never had surgery before and just don't know what to expect. 
Also, there are so many planned events just after surgery that I want to attend. I've made arrangments for rides so I don't have to drive, but the idea of missing out is killing me.
I want my surgery, I want to recover super quick so I can go on with my planned life and not miss a beat.  And I fear that won't be the case.
I'm not to worried about something going wrong. The thought is there, but I don't see that as a real possibility.  Perhaps I'm just buring my head in the sand but it's just not something that concerns me.
Mostly, I'm excited and as others have said, impatient. I still have to wait 12 long drawn out days. AHAHAHAHAHAH! 
I fear I'll gain more weight in these 12 days. The intense emotions are driving me to eat. Now I'm taking control of this now because these same emotions will still be there for other reasons after surgery and I can't rely on food to sooth me. Gotta kick the habit.

SINCE MY RNY NOVEMBER 10 2008

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

StrangePassion
on 11/9/08 1:29 am, edited 11/9/08 1:39 am - Dallas, TX

Hey Darlene,

I just wanted to stop by with some encouragement!  It will be fine, you're healthy, strong and it seems like you have alot of positive energy!  I will see you online the next day I promise.

I've had a hysterectomy in 1996, so I now what it's like to have surgery and I was up and moving around in the same week and you know technology has improved greatly since then.

Good luck sweetie, I'll be talking to you soon you can e-mail me anytime.

My surgery date is Wednesday, November 12, 08 

StrangePassion
XOXO

sheri139
on 10/29/08 10:08 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/05/08 with
I only have 7 more sleeps til my RNY.  My emotions are all over the place.
Each hour is different.  I am happy, anxious, excited, nervous and all at the same time.

Sheri
RNY ohcardsmallsheri.gif picture by lynnca1972 Nov 5, 2008
16 pounds lost pre surgery    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control