Water Intake?

Bonnie S.
on 11/29/08 7:13 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 11/24/08 with

One week ish post op, how much water per day where you able to get in? Im really struggling here  with more than a couple of cups and I dont want to get dehydrated :(

Photobucket
highest 274 /current 140  Hgt:5'10...Century Club Member  Skulldr, RIP

queenbrandy
on 11/29/08 7:23 am - Temple, TX

72-80oz here.  It is not easy.  Everyday I sigh at the thought! 

Earlier I used caf.free tea to help get it down.  I also count what goes in the shake.  I have to get at least 72 in before my evening meal because it i**** or miss after that if I will be able to get anything else in, though I shoot for 8more.

lisakay34
on 11/29/08 8:34 am
I'm 12 days post op and I'm struggling with the whole water thing too.  I'm so thirsty all the time.  I wont to guzzle the water down like I could do before surgery but I know I can't.  Any suggestions would be great.  I have try SF pop sicles which is ok but I'm still thirsty.
Ellen H.
on 11/29/08 10:30 am - Metro Detroit, MI
I have honestly been doing terrible in the water intake area.  It is so hard.  I have made a point to start writing it all down once I am back to the norm on monday. 

(had an endoscopy and had to go back to stage 1 and 2 for 3 days)
sweetbabi
on 11/29/08 1:23 pm - Haines City, FL
water seems to hurt me when I drink it, I don't know why. But I bought the splenda with lemon flavor that you add to water and it helped (no clue what made a difference) and I actually drank my whole bottle. I've also been making unsweet tea and adding splenda to it. In the beginning I did half gatorade half water (per surgeon suggestion). I also have SF hot cider. Any fluids you drink count towards your intake, not jus****er. Good luck.

Ellen H.
on 11/30/08 2:30 am - Metro Detroit, MI
You know what I am glad to hear that someone else feels like water goes down horribly.  I haven't been able to take water in normally since before surgery.  I think I will try and attempt some of the things you have tried this week and see if it makes a difference.

Ellen - momma to Patrick (8) and baby girl Amber born June 14th!!

Renée M.
on 11/29/08 10:23 pm - Syracuse, NY
I have a 20 oz cup right here in front of me at all times.  I take sips every few minutes.  My goal is to drink 2 of these throughout the day and then get the rest of my fluids from Hot Cocoa, etc.  Just keep trying! 
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
hermance67
on 11/30/08 6:01 am - chatham, NY
i am about 3 weeks post op and having trouble getting all my liquids.  right now i am aiming at 2 bottles per day and slowly increasing it.  my pouch is grouchy and protests too much liquids at one time gives me cramps.  i have to take it slow.  it should start getting better.

it is nice to know i am not the only one.

angie
azrosebud07
on 11/30/08 6:44 am - Chandler, AZ
Thankfully really cold water tastes good to me, but keeping my pouch happy means sip sip sip and slowly so I am lucky to get 1 1/2  16oz bottles down and on a good day 2 whole bottles - with some other liquids thrown in...trying to increase as best I can everyday.
Anita D.
on 12/1/08 5:08 am - Huntsville, AL
I can't drink water since my rny, but I've found that herbal teas stay down rather nicely.  Right now I'm grooving on mint teas - peppermint & spearmint from the natural foods store.  So far, I haven't gotten in my full quota of fluids in, but am trying daily to just take in as much as I can...  Good luck to all of you!
Anita
On my way to a new and improved ME!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2034 views