So How is everyone doing?

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 9:01 am - Cumberland, IN
I know we still have 1 more day of November left, but how has everyone been doing with there surgery so far?  I'm 10 days out and doing fantastic!  Does anyone want to share there experience so far?
queenbrandy
on 11/29/08 9:23 am - Temple, TX
First you have to tell me why you picked your screen name.
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 10:37 pm - Cumberland, IN
lol, I chose it because it was my favorite song of 2007!
Ellen H.
on 11/30/08 2:27 am - Metro Detroit, MI
LOL!  That is the first thing I thought of when she asked what your user name was.  If I am thinking of the same song of apologize with timbaland and one republic it is still one of my favs.  I had it set as my myspace song for the longest time. 

Ellen - momma to Patrick (8) and baby girl Amber born June 14th!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/08 9:40 pm - Cumberland, IN
Yup!  Your right, I was highly addicted to that song.  Noone could get me to stop playing it..lol!  I really love there album, I still listen to it all of the time.  They are a very talented band.  I love em!
queenbrandy
on 11/30/08 3:10 am - Temple, TX

I subscribed to your youtube, since I saw your post last night.  You can look at mine if you want the full scoop on how I am, but the short of it is GREAT.

I will be two weeks out on Wed.  My staples are the only thing bothering me.  I still get  a little tugging from the incisions, but I can't complain. 

I am getting around good, my energy is not quite back up to par.  ALL IS WELL!

I am glad to see from your videos that you are doing well too.

Ellen H.
on 11/29/08 10:26 am - Metro Detroit, MI
I am doing well now.  I have to admit the road was a little bit bumpy in the very beginning but now I feel great.  I had pain that lingered forever it seemed but now it almost all gone.  Just a small amount of nerve pain when I bend a certain way. 

I did have a stricture that I had dilated yesterday.  That was no big deal. 

The worst thing of late is that I lost 35 pounds like it was nothing and now I haven't lost in a few days.  I need to break myself from the scale for a while I think. 
sweetbabi
on 11/29/08 1:28 pm - Haines City, FL
I'm 3 and a half weeks out and I'm doing great. I'm one of the lucky ones that so far can tolerate anything I've tried (I'm on phase 5). The only thing I don't tolerate is too much sugar. Went to starbucks today and asked for SF cinnamon dolce latte and they gave me a regular, it really messed me up. But I don't dump like a lot of people, I just get really tired and have to sleep it off. I have more energy than I've in in about 10 years and loving it. I'm getting my confidence back. My jeans are starting to fall off. And my hubby can see a big difference in me (not just size, but happiness and attitude).

TXKashmir
on 11/29/08 1:30 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
One week out today. I have been feeling very weak & dizzy. Sleeping a LOT. Fighting to get all my fluid in. I'm about to start full liquids - I pray that the protein & vitamins will help me feel better.

Debbie
New Shell
on 11/29/08 8:33 pm - Livermore Falls, ME
I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow and I feel great.  I had hardly any pain from surgery, which has been good.  I've lost about 20lbs since surgery and 20 before surgery so the 40lbs gone is awesome!  I'm on blenderized foods right now, still have another week of that and then on to soft foods.  I can't wait to eat semi normal foods!  I still won't be able to eat cold cereals and "rough" foods yet but they will come eventually.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2034 views