Stomach Tenderness??

Sinbad1969
on 11/30/08 12:22 am - NV
I'm 3.5 weeks post op from RNY and my stomach is still tender.  Even wearing jeans I wore BEFORE surgery which are fairly loose now, cut into my gut and make it really uncomfortable.  I was hoping to start working out next week because my Doc said I could after the 4th.  When will I feel comfortable again? How long does this soreness last?  I feel kind of bloated still from the surgery, is that still possible?  I've lost 17 lbs since surgery--sorta thought I would be further along by now but I'm wondering if its this bloating in my stomach too.  Anyone with similar experience?  Thanks for any suggestions.  Cindy
Ellen H.
on 11/30/08 2:22 am - Metro Detroit, MI
I still have a small spot with some pain, but it is not the kind of pain that I had from the initial surgery.  It is most likely nerve pain from what my surgeon said.  All of the rest of my stomach feels completely normal.  However that one spot which is at my largest incision, if I bend over the wrong way or put pressure on it some way it will hurt.  It is a sharp pain that feels warm but I am able to avoid it and it has gotten better over time.  From my 2 week appt my surgeon said that it isn't typical to have the kind of pain I was still having and is why he attributed that painful spot to nerve pain because it fit the symptoms. 

I hope I could help.

Ellen - momma to Patrick (8) and baby girl Amber born June 14th!!

New Shell
on 11/30/08 7:27 am - Livermore Falls, ME
I'm the same way....I can't button my jeans quite yet.  I have one pair that I'm comfy in now, but all the others are still too tight there.  I think most of my swelling has subsided so it's getting better, but when I try to wear  my jeans button it starts to hurt again.  So I wear them like when I was preggo and refused to wear maternity pants.  I zipped them as far as I was comfortable with and tucked the rest inside my jeans.....lol.  It will get better!
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

Anita D.
on 12/1/08 5:02 am - Huntsville, AL
I'm still wearing anything that doesn't have a waistband.  My stomach is still very sore on the left, and my naval is still seeping, at least once a day it bleeds, even though I'm trying to be very careful.  My surgeon's office won't let me come in for a post-op until they're PIF, so I don't have anyone to turn to, and am just trying to take care of it myself for now.
Anita
On my way to a new and improved ME!

Sinbad1969
on 12/1/08 10:03 am - NV
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone but I can't believe they won't see you until you PIF. Unbelievable!!!  Maybe you can see your regular doctor.  I never heard of seeping from the belly button, hope that's ok.  Good luck to you. Keep me posted.  Cindy
Anita D.
on 12/1/08 12:00 pm - Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I know.  I'm pretty steamed.  They called me last week to let me know he won't see me until they're paid.  Sooo, with the holidays coming up, not sure when I'm going to get to go in to see him. :(
Anita
On my way to a new and improved ME!

BooBoo139
on 12/2/08 9:55 pm - Collinsville, TX
I am having the same feeling.  I am two weeks today and it almost seems like I walk around looking pregnant.  LOL!  I am having a very intense burning sensation to the left side of my belly button that comes and goes.  But when it comes HOLY CRAP it hurts.  Cant seem to get a straight answer on what the heck it is.  I called the Dr. several times.  One says it is muscle burn, another to go to the ER, and my nurse at the hospital says stay comfy there is nothing on that side.  Why wait in the ER talk to the Dr.  For the love of God.  Then they talk to me like I am stupid.  Well HELLO this is my first trip down this road I dont know what normal is.  I agree with the hospital why would I go to the ER when the dr. has been in and it is not an emergency???  I am feeling frustrated like I am walking in the dark.  Good news is the scale is looking good. 
Heather
Sinbad1969
on 12/3/08 1:58 pm - NV
Well the good news is I'm 4 weeks today and the pain is finally gone. Hopefully you only have a cpl more weeks left.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views