Soft foods

lisakay34
on 12/1/08 7:35 pm
I had my 2 week post op today and my doc cleared me to eat soft foods.  What are some things that you like??
heatherlastra
on 12/2/08 1:30 am - Santa Clara, CA
I can't do protein shakes, they gag me, so I'm only eating foods high in protein.  Try scrambled eggs, babybel cheese, baked fish, those are my faves
Denise G.
on 12/2/08 3:51 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Did you have to do a pre op diet before your surgery?  If so how did you handle the protein shakes during that time.  I am on my 2nd day of my 2 week pre op and I just cant handle the protein shakes.  They make me gag too.
CherylR
on 12/2/08 1:41 am - Blue Springs, MO
Refried beans, tortilla soup Yum-oh
Cheryl
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
SW--235  Low Weight--145  Goal Weight135
Regain of 20 pounds--Getting Back on track

queenbrandy
on 12/2/08 7:16 am - Temple, TX

I like ranch style beans, and you can add some cheese to up the protien count.

Eggs scrambled with salsa, if you add the salsa before you cook the eggs it makes them very soft.

I have used canned meat, chicken or ham and added salsa.

Cottage cheese.  You can flavor it with a little SF jello or pudding pownder.  Good if you want a little sweet.

LoFat  string cheese.

Ellen H.
on 12/2/08 7:30 am - Metro Detroit, MI
I am the president of the I hate protein shakes club!!  I really don't understand how people can drink them and even say they like them.  I just shudder at the thought of having to gag one down. 

For soft foods my staples were refried beans with cheese and some taco sauce and scrambled eggs with salsa. 

Honestly it was such a joy to finally eat that I may have eaten about anything. 

Take care!

Ellen - momma to Patrick (8) and baby girl Amber born June 14th!!

lisakay34
on 12/2/08 8:12 am
Thanks, I had a banana first and it was great.  LOL  I just don't wont to get sick of the same stuff over and over again.
kellylink
on 12/3/08 9:55 am
chili cooked thoroughly gets pretty musy. It's good and full of protein!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views