Pain in the Lower left side anyone?

BooBoo139
on 12/6/08 11:39 am - Collinsville, TX
OK week one I was doing awesome.  Now starting this past Monday I have had a burning pain in my lower left side.  This is lower then the belly button so not quite sure what they may have done down there.  Called the dr. twice and was told if it hurts too bad to go to the ER.  I dont want to go for something that is not an emergency and may be normal.  They also said it sounds like muscle burn.  If I reach, sneeze, cough, roll to the right I am on fire.  Now a dull pain in that same area just stays there with the burn if I do the wrong move.  I am suppose to go back to work Monday and dont see the DR. tell Thurs.  Anyone at all know what this could be or going thru it?  Help....
Heather
Renée M.
on 12/6/08 11:41 pm - Syracuse, NY
{{{Heather}}}, wish I could help you out!  Listen to your Doctor.  It may just be what they are saying it is but if it gets really bad go to the ER.  Prayers that you are 100% by tomorrow!
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 5:44 am - east falmouth, MA
I actually have a little pulling and stabby feeling just left of my navel too...Not near as bad as you describe though and mine is near one of my incisions so i figure its related.   I hope you feel better..and would definately call the surgeon in the am just to get a reading on it all.    And please take it easy...
maybe itis at a new connection or something but definately get some help right away if it gets any worse...Best of luck and keep up apprised!  Sue
angelpride64
on 12/18/08 11:03 pm - IL
I had surgery 2 days after you...I have the same exact pain. I went to my surgeon. He said it is the type of stitch they use on the inside of that area...he told me the stitch can sometimes be very painful when you move because it hits a nerve or something. He also said that the stitch will begin to dissolve in 21-28 days and then I should begin to feel relief......WELL, it hurt so much, I kept calling them and they sent me to the ER since I was sure this was not normal pain and something else was wrong....I had a CT scan, and they checked everything, turns out everything with they surgery is fine....I went back to my surgeon and he said the same thing, it was the stitches...he said give it a few more days and they should begin to dissolve......Well I must admit, Wednesday, I finally began to feel it getting better........every night since, I am sleeping much better, and the pain is better.

I bet yours is the same thing, but ask your surgeon if it could be the stitches, if he say's yes, hang in there, and the pain will go away....I also found using heat on the area helped sooth the pain.

Good luck to you

Maria
Karen B.
on 12/19/08 6:10 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
  I had surgery on the 24th.  I have the same pain and have spoken to the doctor several times.  When I went in for my follow-up visit today one of the physicians explained it to me so that it finally makes sense.
When they do the laproscopic RNY, it's the incision on the left hand side of your body that they pass the instrument that actually staples the internal incisions together - it's the largest of the instruments they use, and the one that fits the most tightly into your body.

When they remove it, they place a stitch there to hold everything in place.  It pulls, which creates the burning/aching.

I was assured too that it would disappear within the next few weeks - but it is the most unpleasant side affect so far - which is pretty darned great.
 So far, so good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views