3 weeks out????

Mamaof2girls
on 12/11/08 10:51 pm - Somewhere, GA
OK I made a post earlier this week about my doctor wanting me on clear liquids until 6 weeks. Well of course I did not listen. I have ate some chicken noodle soup this week and started walking on treadmill. My scaled showed I have gained 1 pound!!!!!! I am so upset and dont want to eat or drink anything today! I REFUSE for the scales to move up anymore.

ANY SUGESSTIONS!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!
blessedabundantly
on 12/11/08 11:48 pm - Abilene, TX
I had the band, not RNY so I'm not sure exactly  how the difference in surgery would affect everything. However, I think that right now our bodies are adjusting to so much change and healing that it's gonna be out of whack for a bit.

When I left my dr's office the day after surgery he told me "do not weigh". Did I listen? No, but I wish I had. lol  I am conistently going down in pounds, now, but there was a period where I had lost quite a bit, then started gaining. It was frustrating. I backed off the scale, followed the dr's instructions as far as eating/post op care goes and I am losing again. I do weigh, because I need to know where I am, but I only weigh once a week.

I hope that things get a little less stressfull for ya soon. :)
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Mamaof2girls
on 12/11/08 11:53 pm - Somewhere, GA
Thanks 4 your advice!

Good Luck!
Marci2008
on 12/12/08 2:07 am
I had my RNY about 3 1/2 weeks ago... and just saw my doctor yesterday. I'm down 18 pounds and only had to do clear liquids for one week.... the mushy foods for 1 week and now anything I care to brave. I haven't been very brave at trying new meats but have prepared two of the recipes that are on eggface's profile... and they were excellent.

I'm not sure why your doctor has you on clear liquids for 6 weeks... I would have needed a padded room (ha). When I came home from the hospital I had gained 6 pounds... but I knew I was retaining water because my ankles looked big.  I was so down about it but by the time my 10 day appointment came around I had lost 12 pounds from my surgery day weight. I know that comparing myself to other people is self-destructive but does it stop us from doing it? Nooooo.. There are so many variables that impact how much weight we lose.. for a point of reference for you, I started at 270. I learned a couple tips from my doctor yesterday the I hope will make it come off a little faster.

So anyway... my point of this response is to tell you not to be hard on your self... just do as you were trained before the surgery and the weight will come off. Don't starve yourself.. your body needs fuel. I'm not going to tell you to get rid of the scale... I understand why we can't. Just keep on going... and I send you my best.

~Marci
"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."  ~Carol Burnett

Mamaof2girls
on 12/12/08 2:32 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks so much. I started at 241 and down to 217. I am happy with my lost but it just scares me that I have not lost this week. Thanks for your advice!!! Congrats on your weight loss and wish the best for the future. I had surgery on the 18th. So we are right there together!!!

What are somethings you are eating.
Marniel
on 12/12/08 3:04 am - Pasadena, MD
I'm 3 weeks and 1 day out...and my loss has slowed down these last few days.  I've lost 23 pounds since surgery...but I lost 17 in the 2 weeks prior to surgery..so I've lost 40 all together.  I've been able to eat "whatever I feel comfortable with" since last Friday...but not solid read meats yet.  It seems to be normal to slow down at a certain point...you've lost quite a bit...so i think it's okay!!  Good luck!

Mamaof2girls
on 12/12/08 3:16 am - Somewhere, GA
Congrats on your weight lost!!! I will just pray I rezoom next week and my weight  will be lower.

Thanks 4 your advice
eminnich
on 12/12/08 4:47 am - Schnecksville, PA

I'm three weeks and 4 days out from surgery and I have lost 47lbs.  First week was clear liquids, second week soft mushy stuff and now trying some different things, lean meats, etc.  It's been an experience so far, had two episodes of not chewing enough (I think) and vomiting.  Struggling getting in all my protein but I keep working at it. 

Carol W.
on 12/14/08 2:56 pm - New York, NY
 I'm at about 3 weeks out and a bit unhappy with my weight loss.  I'm on regular food now and have cut WAY back and am being really pretty good with the treadmill...not every single day, but almost.  I fluctuate a couple of lbs a day, but have only lost 12 lbs since the surgery plus the 4 lbs on the pre-op diet.  How am I not losing weight?
Marniel
on 12/15/08 2:08 am - Pasadena, MD
I think 12 pounds for a bander is good for 3 weeks out!  Banders in general do not lose weight as fast as the RNY'ers at first..  We had a bander at a meeting a few weeks ago who I believe is several months out and down 19 pounds...so you're doing excellent for a bander!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views