3 to 4 weeks out... serious constipation issues .

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/08 10:56 pm, edited 12/14/08 11:02 pm - east falmouth, MA
Yikes...5 days apart and back pain..I am not on pain meds and take Milk of magnesia and benefiber... arrge...I hope this gets better...!

Anybody else having an issue.?
queenbrandy
on 12/15/08 12:02 am - Temple, TX
Not on the constipation, but the lower back pain.  On my left side where my waist curves in!  

I have neen able to go at leat once a day or 2 days at the most.

I hope you feel better soon!
Sue M.
on 12/15/08 12:50 am - Nantucket, MA
I'm on no regular schedule...but i've had a few rounds with the Milk of magnesia and figure it might be a once/week deal if my movements are still hard.  Thankfully i don't have any pain between toilet visits.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Marniel
on 12/15/08 1:57 am - Pasadena, MD
YES!!!!  I finally gave in and did an enima on Saturday night because I was so miserable.  Helped a little, but not as much as I would have thought (it's the first time I've ever done one).  I think as we begin to eat more solid food, it will get easier..just have to make sure to put a little more oil in our diet I guess.  I was reading a cookbook the other day (I can't remember who wrote it right now) for WLS patients...the author is a WLS patient herself.  She said that she had the same issue...she said she started taking one Vitamin E a day and that changed everything and helped her.  She said she didn't know if it was the vitamin E itself or the casing it was made out of (oil based)..but she never had any problems after that...so I think I'm going to give that a try...good luck!

hermance67
on 12/15/08 4:01 am - chatham, NY
i am 4 weeks out and i am constipated.  the iron is the kicker for me keeping me having regular bm's.  i am going to try colace and senna and see how that does.  this constipation has also kicked up my hemmorhoids too.

angie
New Shell
on 12/15/08 4:44 am - Livermore Falls, ME
Yeppers.....I was constipated for about two weeks, so I started taking colace 3x's a day when I stopped going.  I finally went Thursday and let me tell you it's not an experience I care to partake in again.  It was a horrible event, but feel so much better now.  I will be taking colace on a regular basis from now on.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 9:44 pm - NE
I am the same way only worse I was only going 1 a week.  I went to GNC and got me some smooth move and it works like a charm and it is very good tea to drink
TXKashmir
on 12/16/08 7:07 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I'm actually jealous of everyone. I have had diarrhea ever since my surgery. It just seems to leak out constantly - it's so bad I actually wear a sanitary pad in the back of my panties. I'm about ready to tear my hair out! I'm too nervous to leave my house for very long. I hope this gets better soon...
Clara B.
on 12/22/08 2:55 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 11/25/08 with
Cute pups!

I put a little (1TB) of flaxseed on my yogurt in the morning. 2-3 Docusates a day and I am eating veggies, so that helps. I know what you mean! I used to get at least 30 g fiber per day from food, and doesn't benefiber have only 5g or something? Anyway, you might need more. 
Marci2008
on 12/24/08 5:14 pm

I know exactly how you feel... I just saw my PCP on Monday and she recommended Senecot-S. It is a mild laxative and a softener. I took one last night before bed and a second one this morning, It worked like a charm! ...and... I didn't have the rumble in my stomach like I would have with the other laxatives.

Give it a try... I feel so much better now.

~Marci

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."  ~Carol Burnett

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views