5 weeks out!

Mamaof2girls
on 12/23/08 2:20 am - Somewhere, GA
OK! I had surgery on Nov 18 everything went great. Went back to work that Friday and had surgery that Tuesday.

I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks. I know we have stalls but I was not expecting on this early out and for this long. I am not sure what I am doing wrong will someone PLEASE help me get back on the losers path?

I have been eating Meat, Fruits, and Veg. That is it. I have not attempted to eat any BAD stuff. I am scared because I am not even losing eating the right stuff. Am I eating to much or what? I have just ate lunch and had 1 and a half of a hamburger. Is that to much. I asked someone here at the office that used to be a chef and he said it was probally about 6 oz. . I want so bad to lose weight and feel that I am not doing it as fast as the other you that had  it done close to the same time.

I lost 25 pounds in 3 weeks and not a pound since!!!
sassietigger
on 12/23/08 3:57 am
I had my RNY the week after you.  I am down 21 since surgery... My dr has very strict guidelines and I am just now approaching "full liquids"... i would say that 6 oz of meat is a bit too much.  I would call your nutritionist / dr and ask for suggestions.  Maybe you aren't getting enuf water in.  It could be due to so many things...
Good Luck, keep us updated....
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Renée M.
on 12/23/08 10:13 am - Syracuse, NY
We are told to never eat more than 1/2 cup at  a time which is 4 ounces.  I think 6oz of red meat at once is way too much!  We are not allowed to eat fruit or veggies until 6 weeks out.  I am eating chicken, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, jello, pudding and protein shakes.  I am 4 weeks out today and am down 28 pounds.  Check with your Dr/Nut!  Best Wishes and DO NOT GIVE UP!  :-) 
Renée
444.5       /   430.2    /     408.2    /    299.8     /   244.5    /     249     /  225
Highest / 07-11-08 / 11-25-08  / 06-07-09 / 03-25-10 / 01-31-11 /  STG
Marniel
on 12/23/08 6:59 pm - Pasadena, MD
Hi!  I had surgery 2 days after you.  At this point, you really shouldn't be eating many fruits or veggies....or red meat (unless it's ground up in like chili or something).  A few questions though...how much did you lose before surgery?  Are you getting in your protein?  Are you exercising?  The basic rule is to get in your protein first, then veggies, then starch (preferably good carbs, not bad).  6 ounces seems like an awful lot to be eating right now.  I'm lucky if I can get in 1/4 cup while I'm eating.  If I'm eating soup or something liquidy, I can usually get in a little more....but after 1/4 cup I start feeling nausiated and things start getting "stuck".  Are you not feeling full??

JuBug13
on 12/24/08 1:32 am - ND
Hey-  this is the first time I have posted so here it goes...

I was able to eat more then what you would think you would be able to right after surgery.  I went to a support group and they couldn't believe what I was able to eat and keep down with out any problems and that I was able to eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with peaches about 3 weeks out of surgery.  I called my doctor the next day as I got really freaked out that I was going to mess this up.  They said what I was eating was fine and as long as it was around 1/2 cup that was fine and that I am lucky I wasn't having problems with food.  They said anything that you are able to eat in the begining and not have problems with then you will not have issues with that food from now on.  I had my surgery on 11/3/08 and I am down like 35 lbs.  I had a check up last week and my doctor said protien, fruits and veggies are what they want me to eat.  So... I think that it depends on your doctor.  I know some days I cannot eat anything really at all (I get full off of 2 bits) then other days I can eat my 1/2 cup of food.  I think everyone is different and their bodies are going to react differently.  Because something works for me it might not work for you.  So, if you are really worried about 6 oz at a time being "to much"  call your doctor and see what they have to say.  Best of luck to you and keep your head up.  Next Christmas you will be weighing a lot less and looking great so this stall will not even phase you.

Melanie
littleoleme
on 12/24/08 9:38 am
I could have written this.  I had surgery Nov.22 and my story is exactly the same.  25 pounds and nothing for 10 days.  It is very hard to keep my attitude positive about this.  Hopefully this stall will pass soon.  I hope yours does too.
Diane
lisakay34
on 12/24/08 10:32 am
I had surgery on Nov 17th and by 3 weeks I had lost 25 pounds too.  I know I would hit a stall around 3 weeks but like you I only thought it would last a week.  Now 2 and a half weeks later I've lost maybe a pound plus my period is here.  My doc has said not to worry so I'm just going with that.  
As for Fruits and Veg, I'm cleared to eat them.  I haven't had any problems with what I've tried.  I think the docs all pretty much have differents thoughts on what we should or shouldn't be eating.  Just go with what works for you. 
Hopfully we will start losing again soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views