hows everybody's energy level doing?

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 2:12 am - east falmouth, MA
Just wondering how everybody is feeling in general...i know we are all getting the kinks worked out in the food department... and the poop department...and the supplement department....

But how about the energy department.?  I have always been able to get up and get it going but lately i feel like an dirty old rung out dishrag.... totally not true to  my usual form... I was so thinking I could get it moving by now but I can hardly evenwalk one mile...let alone the 2 i was doing daily before the surgery.   I was doing great for the first 3 weeks but these last couple feel like i have an energy leak big time....( the weight is going nowhere too...)

I am trying to stay positive  but just wondering if anybody else has this happening as well...
queenbrandy
on 12/26/08 3:11 am - Temple, TX

My energy is not quite where it was before surgery.  At least I am not getting tired just putting on my bra anymore like I did the first few post op weeks. 

I can walk about 3.7 miles in an hour with out pushing too hard. And my weight is moving. 

Some days I feel more energy than others.  Like today, I am fighting crawling back in bed since I got up!

How are you doing on water, protein and supps?  How much water are you required to get daily?

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 4:30 am - east falmouth, MA
I am probably not doing the intake issues quite as well as i should.. the holidays have been messing with my schedule...In a few more days i will have absolutely no excuses not to set up a good solid schedule...my husband will be away and i have no wor****il march...( nothing but time and snow to shovel..woo hoo..)
hopefully that will work....I have a gym...got a pool membership( who needs flipers..i have mud flaps!  and an oversized t shirt!) and with 5 Border Collies i need to be the daily dog walker...got to get it going here...
If it stays this hard i will call my doc and get some labs done..maybe something is going off base...but hopefully it will sort itself out on it's own...
not looking forward to a New england winter feeling like this though! 

Glad to hear your progress though...you have done so great...I am proud as can be...
hugs..sue
Sue M.
on 12/26/08 9:52 am - Nantucket, MA
i was definitely dragging for a while... maybe even up until last week.  upping the water intake made a big difference, and eating more little meals throughout the day.  i used to be able to walk a few miles, and then across the supermarket was a long way.  At least i can once again climb the stairs in my home without resting at the top before continuing to whatever i was doing.

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 10:30 am - east falmouth, MA
I did better when i was just on protein shakes...I am thinking of going back there for a couple of meals... and I got some slow iron today which might be something to try...( hope it doesn't cause that other problem wetalked about...)  And I thought the waiting for surgery part was rough!    know it will eventually balance out but i guess i am just one impatient bugger!!!!

take care, Sue and you are doing great!!!!hugs
beahero
on 12/27/08 6:12 am
I too am whooped. I have to chase around 3 small kids all day and by the time my husband gets home I need a nap. Sometimes I nap for several hours. I keep staring at the treadmill but I'm always so cold or too tired to get on it! Walking around the mall or the grocery store wears me out too. I can't wait to get some more energy so I can feel better.

I'm having a really hard time getting in enough calories. I'm sure that's not helping. It sure is tough to juggle the supplements, water, protein and just what to eat each day. I hope all that gets easier soon!

rockysmom
on 12/27/08 7:11 am - Dartmouth, MA
It takes about 6 months for your energy to stabilize -- you have good days and bad days, but you really don't get to your new normal for 6 months.  Just roll with it -- do more when you feel like it, and rest when you don't!  It gets better!
lisakay34
on 12/27/08 9:37 am
For the most part my energy level has been pretty good lately.  I've been able to walk just over 2 miles in 45 mins.  Plus we live on the third floor of an apartment and I climb the stairs several times a day, sometimes even without losing my breath.  WooHoo  All and all I'm feeling good.  I just hope that it lasts.  LOL
Dawna1971
on 12/28/08 7:41 am - Dairyland, WI

My energy level is so low. I hope now that we r done running around for christmas things will get more normal.

My iron is all out of wack it is down to 7 and I had to go an b12 shot the optisorce was not working enough. Hopefully it all will get better.

Marniel
on 12/28/08 8:04 am - Pasadena, MD
I was doing pretty good...until about 2 weeks ago.  I think my body finally figured out that this isn't a temporary thing.  I had the hardest time even getting out of the bed!!  Drying my hair makes me tired!!  UGH....energy level is wayyyyy looooowwwww.  I'm going to have bloodwork done this week....see if I'm lacking anything (I'm thinking my iron might be a little low...which isn't going to help with the constipation if I have to take iron.  Glad to know I'm not the only one!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views