Average Day of Meals?

Marci2008
on 12/28/08 10:28 am, edited 12/28/08 10:36 am
Hi to my fellow November surgery patients...

I know we are not supposed to compare ourselves when it comes to pounds lost... but.. I can't seemed to stop doing it! I thin****ep looking because I feel like I could be losing more... I'm hoping you all can share what you think is working for you and how much exercise you're getting in.

I started out at 273 on my surgery day and am at 246 today... that's down 27 pounds in one day short of 6 weeks. This is my typical day of food:

Breakfast: one egg scrambled (only eat 1/2 of it) and 1/2c of natural applesauce
Lunch: 2 tbs of chicken salad, a slice of Laughing Cow cheese and 4 saltine crakers
Dinner: 2oz of baked chicken thigh and vegetable

If I need an afternoon snack I will have a piece of string cheese or applesauce

I'd really love to hear from you on what you are eating and how much exercise you are doing. Thank you so much...  ~Marci

EDIT: I had not read Amanda's post and this one is nearly identical... lesson learned. 

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."  ~Carol Burnett

Mamaof2girls
on 12/29/08 2:14 am - Somewhere, GA

Hey there,
                      I had my surgery on the 18th and I started at 241 and now down to 213 (28 lbs). So it sounds that you are doing good to me. Dont be down on yourself!!!! I just started back losing this past week. I stalled for I know 2 weeks and that was rought. FINALLY back on track.

Here is what I have ate today:

Breakfast:Sausage Link size of my pointing finger.

Lunch: 1/2 Cup of Steak and Apple

Supper: 1/2 cup of Meat and maybe 2 tablespoons of VEG????

Not sure if this helps!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

heatherlastra
on 12/29/08 3:59 am - Santa Clara, CA
I'll answer your post ... cause I haven't seen Amanda's either ... or maybe I did ... anyhow ... day of surgery I was 261.5, today at the gym I was 234 so that's down 27.5.  My doc says that I was on the "lower end" of the surgery spectrum, so not to compare myself to people on the message boards or in support groups who have lost double the weight I have at the same stage.  If you ask me, 28 pounds in 6 weeks is pretty amazing.  As far as food goes, here's an average

B - a medium boiled egg
L - soft meats or a 1/2 cup of chili (if I can finish a half cup) I can also do like 1/4 of a chicken tack from a taqueria with a couple bites of refried beans if I'm feeling adventurous
D - Always a lean meat with a veggie (like last night, I had a 2 oz patty of 96% lean ground beef  with two brocolli trees and a squirt of light mayo)

My food intake is still really limited.  I can't wait until I can process raw veggies ... I have been craving a salad like crazy
Amanda Roberson
on 12/29/08 12:34 pm - Houston, TX
I have had people ask me how I was loosing so much weight at first, well that was easy. I have had two strictures which means I couldn't get anything down hardly excep****er for 9 days the first time and 4 days the second so that is where the weight (at least 20lbs) came off.  We are all different and doing good. Our bodies all react different, just nice to see what others are doing nutrition wise especially if you are like me and can't think out of the box when it comes to what I can eat:

On a typical day like today here's what I had:
B: Atkins Protien Bar (My last one and Target is out of stock --- really sad about that!)
S: Slice of Reduced Fat Cheese --  What is this Laughing Cow stuff you all are talking about, where do you buy that?
L: 2 ounces of tuna and 2 low fat saltines
S: Didn't have one, wasn't hungry
D: 2 ounces of ground turkey and taco seasioning.

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

Mom2aTrio
on 1/2/09 12:50 am - IN

I just wanted to chime in on the laughing cow cheese too....I used to love this stuff pre op...tastes good, low in cals...what more to love.....then I went to buy it post op and it has VERY LITTLE protein....I for one struggle every day with reaching my protein goal..so if you are like me it would be better to get the traditional cheese....I am sure it is good for others but for me I have to choose protein dense foods...just my 2 cents

but since I hijacked the thread I can post what my typical food log looks like...

Breakfast: Protein Shake made with 6 oz 1% milk (26 g)
Lunch: 1/2 turkey sandwich.....2 oz turkey, a little mayo, slice of real cheese (not kraft singles) and 1 slice healthy life bread (14g) Generally I will not eat but a couple bites of the bread
Snack - 1/2 pure protein bar (10 g)
Dinner: 2 oz meatloaf, Tbs Veggies, 1 tbs Mashed potatoes (18 g)

Lately I have been having 1/2 C - 1 C of milk at night.....(8g)

This totals 76 g of protein.....now this is my ideal day...usually I forget the snack -- but it gives you an idea of what I can do

Jill
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Marci2008
on 12/29/08 1:16 pm
Hi again Amanda...

Laughing Cow cheese is a"soft" cheese... similar to cream cheese. In my grocery I found in the section with all of the fancy cheese. It comes in a round package and when you open it, there are slices inside that are all wrapped individually. There are a few flavors of it too... I have the onion flavor... its my favorite.

~Marci
"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."  ~Carol Burnett

prettydee7
on 12/30/08 3:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Hello, all!  Had my RNY surgery on November 18th and Im down 39 pounds, WOW!

Breakfast:  Protein shake or 12 oz cup of sugarfree/decafinated international Delights coffee

Lunch:  Turkey & Provalone Cheese rolled

Dinner:  Some type of protein and a veggie

That works for me.  Im not a breakfast person so I try to get in the calories I need for that meal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 814 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 772 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1059 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2041 views