OK For all of the November 18th Surgeries??????

Mamaof2girls
on 1/8/09 9:42 pm - Somewhere, GA
I am sooooo ill I have worked my tail off this week by exercising and gaining weight? What is happening????? I have been walking 3 miles a day and weights? I just dont understand. Is anyone else stalling at this point? Help please!!!
Marniel
on 1/8/09 9:52 pm - Pasadena, MD
I'm November 20th does that count???  I've been in a stall for about 3 weeks now....VERY frustrating!!  I've lost 1.4 pounds in 3 weeks!!  I have to stay off the scales for a few days I think....a LOT of it has to do with how much we lost pre-surgery...I've lost a total of 47.2 pounds ....so I think it's pretty much normal that we're stalling out.  I can tell you this though...if you're getting all your protein in (which I'm not) and working with weights....that could be part of it....Protein helps to build muscle mass...which weighs more than fat.  You are only in a stall right now...it WILL end...just keep that in mind...don't give up...keep doing what you're doing....and try drinking a little more low or no calorie beverages (that's what I here people say!!)!!  Keep up the good work!!

Mamaof2girls
on 1/8/09 11:23 pm - Somewhere, GA
Thanks, I stalled at 4 weeks and stalled for 2 weeks then. I just felt like I was on the losers side. No neither do I get all my protein in. I try though. I only drink Water and crystal light that is it. I just hope its over soon. Have not lost a pound since Monday. Actually gain 2 pounds!!

Thanks 4 your advice!
Jane1959
on 1/9/09 1:28 am - London, Canada
I am a Nov 18th er and I stalled at 3 weeks out, lost for 3 week and am in another stall.  Hang in there and it will happen.
Mamaof2girls
on 1/9/09 2:38 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks that makes me fill better.

Good luck to you too!
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/09 11:41 am - east falmouth, MA
Nov 19th for me...stalled since before christmas ..but it is starting to break now...I have lost only 22 pounds since the surgery... Chin up though...We have no choice but to believe this will pass!  

I lost a lot pre surgery so am trying to convince myself that is why the stall is so bad,,,but whatever...I guess this haoppens to everybody...I just can't remember reading about it so much until now... 

Let's hope we all get going again real soon...
kellylink
on 1/9/09 11:51 pm
Try lots and lots of water, get the protein in that you need, and change the types of food around that you've been eating to shock your body into losing again.  Great job on moving and exercising!  You're an encouragement to others! 

Have you tried measuring to see how many inches you've lost?

sidmo
on 2/3/09 2:57 am
hi. I was nov 11 and I have only lost 23 lbs going for my three month in a week hope to lose two more lbs/ very slow and i am hungry too . help!!!!
Mamaof2girls
on 2/3/09 9:18 am - Somewhere, GA
Hey there, I wish I had some advice to give. I had surgery on the 18th and lost 40 pounds now. I am a slow loser too. I have no chocie but to beleive everyone else that it will come off. Everyone has told me to increse my protein if I am not losing. But I cant take them nasty drinks. So I try just to eat as much meat and thing high in protein. I know I still dont get my recommended amont. I go to the doctor on Monday and I will see what he says. You also can not judge yourself from whatever one else has lost because everyone is differ. We probally dont have as much to lose as the people that have lost alot more ( I know that is hard not to do) but just keep your head high and maybe we will get there......Good Luck and keep me posted. I stay hungery too. But I try to choose healthy foods.
sidmo
on 2/3/09 4:42 pm
hi back ! thanks for the reply . it helps so much not to feel so alone. GOOD LUCK at your next weigh in you are doing great!! I will increase my water and stick to my plan. I went in at 215. lost 10 before surgery took me months oh so hard  am fifty one. would love to weigh 140 some day . have a good day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views