how are we doing all

hermance67
on 2/27/09 3:23 am - chatham, NY
i am curious how we all are doing at this point after surgery.  i am feeling good.  my knees dont hurt anymore and i have a lot more energy.  i joined a gym last week to start kicking up the weight loss. i am down from 242 to 170 but i am still in a size 16 which i have been in for 6 weeks.  that is the most frustating thing for me is not losing the sizes.

have a good to all.

angie
New Shell
on 2/27/09 4:44 am - Livermore Falls, ME
I'm doing well...was down to 219 this morning on the scale so I'm liking that number.  It brings the total up to 68lbs gone. I'm wearing 16's in bottoms and xl still in tops, but I didn't really carry my weight up top, so I'm losing where I definitely need to.  I have size 14 waiting on stand by in my closet...lol  I can get them on just not buttoned up! I bought a new bathing suit that I am actually excited about wearing this year and can't wait to start walking more outside as soon as the weather gets better up here....Spring fever big time! I've actually set a goal to be under 200lbs by the time my 6 month check up comes around.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

msjazzbo
on 2/27/09 5:00 am - NY
I am doing well.  I constantly say that I am on the local train not the express.  My surgery was 10/07/2008 and I have lost 65 lbs with 19 of that before surgery.  I am down from 2X sizes to Large.  Some areas are better than other.  My upper arms look terrible!!!  I may be doomed to long sleeves for the rest of my life.

I was just riding a stationary bike and dreaming about the warm weather.  I joined Curves last week to give my exercise a boost.  I have always kept a food journal and asked the Nut about drinking protein drink.  She says that they are unnecessary because I get enough protein from food.  I went on myfitness.com and kept a diary of my food and I am only eating 500 to 600 cal per day.  I think that I must up my calories if I am going to really lose more weight faster.

I can't do more exercise with less fuel!!

I hope that everyone else is doing well and praying for SPRING!!
Marilynn
Lap RNY - October 7,2008 - proximal 125 cm.
Carl Rosati, M.D., F.R.C.S.C., F.A.C.S.
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY

The road to anywhere is not smooth.  Relax and enjoy the view!
mychoice2008
on 2/27/09 9:44 am - Seattle, WA
Frustrated but doing well. I have really stalled this month but as of today I have lost 70lbs since surgery (11/11/08) and 91 since 10/30/08. Feeling good trying to get 90grams of protein a day, use fitday to trak and usually end up at between 600-750calories per day.

Overall I am feeling much healthier and happier each day. I have a ways to go (about 87lbs, but I haven't weighed this in 18 years). Hope everyone is doing well and happy with your new life!

Warm Regards!
Nancy 
21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
Amanda Roberson
on 2/27/09 10:07 am - Houston, TX
Great to hear everyone is doing well. I have lost a lot since surgery and I go for my 4 month check up next week. Can't wait. Haven't seen the dr in a while (yeah like two weeks ago... ha ha).

I am constantly amazed at how much better my knees are doing and as far as the extra skin goes so far the only really bad place is my arms and man the skin fairy was taking no prisioners there.. ha ha.... but on the plus side I have already started saving for my plastics so when I am about 18months out I can get a consult and start working towards a new goal. I won't have everything done cause I simply can't afford it, but my arms will definitely be the first step.

How are you all doing with protien? Some days are harder than others for me.

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

sweetbabi
on 2/27/09 11:38 pm - Haines City, FL
I'm doing well. I had minor surgery yesterday ... I had the essure procedure (permanent birth control, but it was done under general anesthesia). had no problems and no pain. Now I have to wait 3 months to see if my tube is completely blocked. Weight loss is going well. I'm losing 3-2 pounds a week and I'm happy with that. Down 55 pounds, 49 left (I think, my ticker has the number from last sunday). I haven't had any stalls. I had my 3 month labs the other day and the nurse called me yesterday and said my potassium is way down, so they are putting me on pills for that. I don't know if the rest of the results came in, I go in Tuesday to see the surgeon so I will find out if there is anything else wrong then. That's about it for now.  :)

hazmat11
on 3/2/09 8:27 am
Well I am not losing as well as most of you but I am halfway to goal so I won't be complaining. I feel so much better.  I can wear some 12's depending on who makes it but some 16's still fit so I will call it a 14. I am short so it isn't that small. I just hope I continue to lose even if it is slow. I have had a four week stall and a few week stalls. I guess I need to exersice more. I am glad you are all doing well.
Susie

lapoli7
on 3/5/09 2:41 pm, edited 3/5/09 2:41 pm - Rialto, CA

Well it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good! 
I have lost 56lbs since 11/28/09 and 68lbs all together.
I need to start exercising to up the weight loss. I have
had a few stalls, but I always remind myself that the amount
of weight I've lost in 3 months is amazing in itself. Then I
also remind myseld about the inches. I've lost about 10inches
just in my abdomen. Support and love to all my fellow November babies!

Liz
Kaiser So Cal
Surgery- revision from LapBAND to RNY 11/28/08
Starting BMI 61.3
Current BMI 46.6
415 lbs  / 403 lbs / 316 lbs  /220 lbs
highest / surgery / current  /   goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?