5 K Walk/Run Anyone?

isouther2008
on 2/27/09 1:48 pm - MN
After exercising 4-5 times a week in the last 3 months I feel inspired to walk three 5K 's that are coming up in April, May and June. Is anyone else thinking about doing this too?

sweetbabi
on 2/27/09 11:31 pm - Haines City, FL
I just did a 5K walk on Feb 7th. My husband was supposed to do the run with the military, but they allowed him to do the walk with me. It was great. I had a blast. I did it in 56 minutes.

sweetbabi
on 3/6/09 10:50 am - Haines City, FL
We have another one coming up here next weekend and I just signed up for that one as well. I love it. Have you decided that you are going to do it, or were you just thinking about it? I know I couldn't have done it before surgery, but I'm so glad I decided to try afterwards. It made me feel so great.  :)

isouther2008
on 3/7/09 11:18 am, edited 3/7/09 11:18 am - MN
I just registered and paid my fee. I told my daugthers that now I was committed and could not back out. Yeah, I know about that pre-surgery thing. I was lucky if I could walk a block let alone 3.1 miles.

sweetbabi
on 3/9/09 12:07 am - Haines City, FL
That's great. Good luck and have fun.  :)

Noelle1026
on 3/19/09 4:09 am - West Islip, NY
My sister just ran a 5k last weekend.  I told her that maybe next year I will run one with her too.  She said that she is doing one Thanksgiving...
Maybe I will walk a couple between now and then and will actually run with her then.
The biggest loser 1/2 marathon from this past week inspired me to try harder.

JennyMacICURN
on 3/21/09 2:55 pm - Chattanooga, TN
funny you should bring this up, this is my goal for the fall. to RUN a 5k... not just walk RUN which is something I thought I would never do.
Jen  

Elaine R.
on 3/24/09 1:06 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
Since walking any sort of distance was never on my resume, and now I want it to be, how does one look for 5K walks in their area?  How do you find them?

All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press
on to your destination.

isouther2008
on 3/24/09 2:52 pm - MN
Kate-can, I knew of two of 5 k's that are in my city. You can probably find out more about them in your area at the gym, google or just ask and someone should be able to help you find one, two or three. Good Luck.

Elaine R.
on 3/26/09 12:14 am - Dearborn Heights, MI

Thank you!!!  I checked online and found several. 

Elaine
All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press
on to your destination.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control