amounts?

hazmat11
on 3/2/09 8:54 am
I am eating more at a time than I think I should be but overall through out the day I am in line with the guidlines. How much does your pouch hold? I can eat a cup of some things with no problems. I know its more than I should eat but........How much can you eat? What is the worst thing you have eaten?For me its pork rinds. No carbs and has protein but all fat.
Susie

queenbrandy
on 3/2/09 10:57 am - Temple, TX
It's kind of funny, my pouch varries from day to day on how much it wants and can hold.  When I am working out the pouch wants to eat more and more often.  Other times the same amount as at month 1.  when it comes to food she is sure about what she wants and lets me know. 

Sometimes I have to eat high fat foods, especially when I work out.  I think doing what the pouch wants, with in reason has kept me from stalling.  High fat foods and extra protein at times tell the body we are not having a famine.

I have not eaten anything "bad".  Beef Jerkey is a favorite of the pouch lately.
christa_brown29
on 3/4/09 3:45 am - Kansas City, MO
It feels good to be in the same boat... I was worried that it was me... Yes I am able to eat about a cup of food.  I can eat a lean cousine entree.  My starting weight  was 292 that is pre liquid diet and I am now 225... and have been for about 2-3 weeks.  They say stalls are normal... I just worry that because  I am eating more this isn't a stall.

Oh and the worst thing I have eaten... oh Lord-- Hmmm Taco Bell, or better yet pizza rolls... heck I don't know.

I go see Dr. H in April... I look forward to talking to him... I see why people ask did I ruin it... because I am feeling hunger again.

While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

beahero
on 3/5/09 9:32 am
I thought that too then I talked to the nut. She said that you should be eating a half cup of food chewed so that cup may equate to a half cup after you chew it to death and you should be fine. She told me to take a typical meal and blend it in a blender and see how much I was actually eating. I haven't tried that but thought she was probably right. I can easily eat a cup of something soft or liquid. I can eat a HC entree, the steamfresh ones but then can only have one slice of protein cake (eggface recipe) with fruit on it. I never feel a full feeling so it's really hard for me to tell! The worst thing I have eaten...my DH picked me up a sf piece of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I thought I'd have a little of it. I didn't get more than a few bites in and I was sicker than a dog! No more of that for me! I do also like the sf murray cookies, I try to stick to just two.

Dawna1971
on 3/25/09 4:29 am - Dairyland, WI
I to can eat more than I feel I should. I can eat a cup of food. But i am very careful most times of what I put in it. The worst thing I have eating is chips. They go down so easy. I have found that I graze  a little but in small quainties. I dont dump from anything which is very bad. :{  but its all good Love Love my RNY..... Hope all goes well for you keep your chin up.

Dawna B.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views