How much weight have you lost so far

K-T
on 3/14/09 3:00 am - LA
How is everyone feeling now that we are almost 4 months out???? I still have a bit of a problem getting all my protein in, but I do have to say that it is getting easier then b/f. My energy is way up & loving it! I have dropped from a 26/28 to a 20/22 depends on the maker, you know how that goes, I have lost 85 pounds so far, so I am thinking maby I have a good chance at getting close to my goal one day, if things keep up the way they are!!?!! Does anyone have the days when you are hungry all day it's not often but I do have to admit that I have had a few in the last couple of weeks, I guess my body is trying to make up for the weight loss, I don't know that one confuses the hell out of me...lol...
Take Care,
Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
JennyMacICURN
on 3/14/09 5:37 am - Chattanooga, TN
85 pounds thats awesome! Way to go!
I honestly feel great, I have more energy and feel better about myself. I have been a slow but steady loser, down about 60 pounds which I couldn't have done myself. I do have days when I want to shove food in my mouth, I think its just head hunger. Whatever issues I had before surgery with food are still there. I just have to learn to deal with them. I have gotten bad about tracking my protein lately and a lot of times I am on the low end of the protein requirements.  One unfortunate thing is that I am not a dumper, but I am very careful with my sugar intake regardless.  
Well keep up the progress! 

Jen  

Dawna1971
on 3/25/09 4:22 am - Dairyland, WI
I also am a steady and slow loser also I am down -65 pnds and I have gone  from a 24 to a 18. I also dont dump and I wish i did dang it. I dont eat crap hardly at all but I have tried to see if sugars make me dump and I dont. I would gladly take dumping but dang it dont happen here I have been bad about protien also but I eat heathy. Slow and steady wins the race. Congrats to us all for making this choice. I love my RNY.. Of cours it doesnt help I dint lose  nothing for 4 weeks, but thats over for now.

Dawna B.

maxs_mom
on 3/14/09 5:08 pm - Auburn, WA
In total, since 10/01/2008 (surgery date 11/19/2008), I have lost 115 pounds!  since I had VSG, I am not "hungry" physically but still struggle with head hunger, especially late night and in times of stress. 

Amy

StrangePassion
on 3/17/09 2:46 pm - Dallas, TX

WOW, congratulations!  That is amazing, I'm down 62 pounds since 11/12/08 and still loosing.  I've joined Curves and go 3-4 times a week (and now we're doing boot camp yipeee) and on the other 1-2 days I'm doing my Jullian Michaels/The Biggest Looser dvd for weight training.

I don't really have the "head" hunger pains, but I can stiill only eat very little, i.e.,  1/2 a sandwich, small baked potatoe, 1 egg, small bowl of oatmeal, etc  I'm having no problems now getting in my proteins as I love, love, love seafood so I'm able to intake sushi (my all time favorite) which I love my salmon, yellow tail, eel, shrimp and tuna!  Since these are very high in protein I can usually get it in easily.  I also get most of it in my food intake although I do like to drink protein as well.

I'm down from a 22/24 to a 14/16 and I'm averaging about 2-2 1/2 lbs per week!  Good luck to your continued weight loss and again congratulations!

StrangePassion
XOXO

newmom0402
on 3/14/09 11:52 pm - NC
I am down 48 pounds since 11/17/08.  I am very depressed about it since I see so many people with high losses.  I was barely a 40 BMI and I know this is the reason for my slow loss, but I still wishing it was more!

I am right within the Doctor's average category though.  I started out at 226 and am at 178.  I am in a size 12 pants and a large shirt.  I wore an outfit to dinner last week that I have not worn since Easter 1998 or 1999.  That was really weird!  Luckily, it is back in style....hahaha.  Most of my old clothes are a size 12 so I am happy about having a whole new wardrobe, so to speak.  I mean it has been a good 7 years since I fit in most of them!! 

I am hoping to lose 100 lbs, but am getting scared about reaching that goal, since I am coming close to the 6 month mark soon.  I know I can lose more, but this board has me scared that once the 6 month honeymoon period is over then I am as good as toast...lol  I have a trainer and have been lifting, so I am still seeing a loss of inches, by my clothing sizes dropping.  I try not to get too attached to the number on the scale, but I do still look every couple of weeks..

Anyon else slow like me?

allforliving
on 3/16/09 3:38 am - LA
Hi there! I had my Sleeve on 11/17/08! I too, am what I call a slow loser. I started out pre-op at 230 lbs. I weighed 218 on the day of my surgery and I'm 190 now. I've gone from a size 22/24 and am now in size 16's. I feel sooo much better. My blood pressure is now normal, I am off of my GERD medication, I can bend without getting heartburn, I'm exercising a lot more....

I decided from the beginning to not be a slave to the scale. Yes, it'd be really nice to see it moving faster. But the fact is, I could have NEVER EVER done this on my own. I've tried for years. I'm feeling so blessed that I've dropped a total of 40 lbs in 4 months. I'm actually ecstatic about it. When we compare ourselves to others, we will feel let down. Everyone loses differently. Everyone is at different BMI's to start with. The higher the BMI to start with, the faster the weight seems to drop. My surgeon assured me that my BMI not being the highest would move slower but that I'm right where I need to be. 

You are doing AWESOME. It's Not over! Not even close! Keep doing the right things:  getting in your fluid, your protein, avoiding starchy carbs as much as possible, and exercising! It's gonna happen! It has to! 

I'm rooting for you and know you will meet your goal.  Take care and thanks for posting!
K-T
on 3/16/09 8:06 am - LA
We have the same wonderful surgeon!!!!!! I actually saw him & Lisa today. You are doing wonderful & I am truly sorry if you feel like I was asking to compare everyone. I was just wondering if I was feeling & eating the same as everyone else out there, my weight loss is just a plus in my book I would have never lost this weight if it were not for Dr. G & his caring staff! Please don't take my post as me thinking my loss is any better then anyone else, I am not one of those kinds of people. I actually did have a high BMI & that is why I am loosing at the rate that I am & I also would like to think that my working out & trying to eat the right things are also part of my progress. Again sorry if I offended you in any way, I truly was interested in everyone elses progress at our stage in the game.

Do you attend the support group meetings? I have been to 3 so far they are interesting & I was surprised to find out that Dr. G attends too!!!! That was comforting to learn that he does care, not that I could not tell that already :) 
Take Care,
 Katherine

allforliving
on 3/17/09 10:13 pm - LA
Hey girl! Noooo I wasn't offended in the slightest! I was just saying that I've learned from the beginning to not compare myself to others is all. I've been following tons of others for months on youtube and watching their weightloss and sooo many of them lose waaay faster than me. We're just all different and I'm not dissappointed that I lose slower than some. I'm just so happy to be losing!

Are you in Lafayette? I was at Dr. G's Monday too! lol We oughta meet up. Are u one of the ones who tried to plan the lunch/dinner thing a while back? I can't remember now who did that. Maybe we can meet up one day.

Oh and yes I went to the support group meeting for the first time last week.  Have a great week!
K-T
on 3/18/09 4:51 am - LA
I am in Abbeville & you?......... Monday I had an apt at 2:00 for my 4 month check up......... I was not the one who planed the lunch that was a lady in Erath, Kenzy Hopper I believe........ I too was at the meeting last Thursday. I sat in the last row in front of the exit doors, my husband & son were with me. We have probley seen each other & just don't realize it...lol....small world!...We should meet up, it would be nice to have someone who knows what I am feeling.
Take Care,
      Katherine

Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 769 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1055 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2033 views