Has Your Weight Loss Slowed?

mychoice2008
on 4/1/09 5:22 am - Seattle, WA

Hey November Surgeries!

Wanted to check and see if you have noticed your monthly loss drop significantly? Of course in the beginning we will lose more, my first couple months I dropped between 23-24 per month. The last two I have averaged 16 lbs a month. My weight loss is also very inconsistent. Some weeks nothing, then the next week 6lbs. Just wondering if any of you are experiencing this?

Also, would love to hear your greatest WOW moment (at almost 5 mo out)! Mine: 
        1) Weighing less than my husband for the first time ever (20 years)
        2) Weighing less than I did 22 years ago!

3) Not always being the largest woman in the room.

4) Having one of my 6 year old twins tell me "Man Mommy, you  just keep getting taller and taller".
         5) Feeling healthier then I have in a long time!

Please share your WOW's!

21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
SandieW
on 4/5/09 1:20 pm - Glenside, PA
I lost 40 lb between Nov 1 and Jan 1st, another 8 lb in January, GAINED ½ lb in February and now down about 6-8 lb total for March and April.  It doesn't help that I'm hungry a lot of the time  Definitely not what I was expecting or hoping for.

Elaine R.
on 4/6/09 2:02 am - Dearborn Heights, MI

I started out VERY slowly after surgery, in fact, I gained 12 pounds in the first 7 days after surgery!  Now that we're 4+ months out I'm starting to loose more quickly.  I also seem to go for a week or longer without losing and then lose several pounds within a day or two.  It can be so frustrating! 

I had a WOW moment last week - I fit through a turnstile without having to turn sideways! 
All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press
on to your destination.

Sue M.
on 4/6/09 8:59 am - Nantucket, MA

I lost 2.6lbs in the last week... the first two months i lost 5+ per week.  I usually lose a little each week, but the amounts can be all over the place.  definitely slowing down, but that's ok - i've got some nasty loose skin on my thighs that I'm hoping won't get worse!

One of my favorite WOW moments was when i stayed in a hotel and the towel fit around my body.  I can't remember the last time that happened!!!!!

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
sassietigger
on 4/7/09 4:23 am
Mine has slowed down too.  But I'm eating more now, and even get hungry now and then.  I'm still really pleased with my progress. 

The energy I have is incredible... And a wow moment for me.... putting on size 12 jeans and being able to wear them all day without them killing me and going roller skating with hubby and the kids and keeping up with them.  I've also had two moms at the school stop me and say "whatever you are doing you look great, what's your secret" lol. 

I love my RNY
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

New Shell
on 4/7/09 6:23 am - Livermore Falls, ME
My weight loss has always been slow right from the start.  I lost 20lbs prior to surgery so since surgery I've only lost 55lbs.  The numbers on the scale don't really mean much to me because I know that I am losing inches.  I'm down to a regular 14 from a tight 22w and medium tops, so that's major progress in 5 months.  I'm focusing on building muscle and tightening up some skin (if that's possible...lol)

My wow is that my 6year old son can wrap his arms around my waist and he can clasp his hands together on the other side!  I also weigh less then my husband now.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

hazmat11
on 4/9/09 4:17 am
I wish I were losing as fast as you. I have lost a total of 63 pounds at the five month mark and have 42 more to fit into the normal weight  catagory. I have been losing slow all along and had several stalls. The oh weight loss planner made me feel better. I am only five pounds off where I should be  according to it. As long as I keep losing I am ok with it going slow.
Susie

mychoice2008
on 4/9/09 11:44 am - Seattle, WA
Don't get discouraged. You are a lightweight compared to me. It would take me about 80lbs to hit the "normal" category and I think you are doing GREAT! What percentage of weightloss are you losing at (per the OH planner)? I am about on track with 81-82% but have been at a stall for over 2 weeks. Hang in there and be proud- my mom always said slow and steady wins the race! (Even though this isn't a race- you have a lot to be proud of!
21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
K-T
on 4/9/09 1:04 pm - LA
Like all of you, my weight loss is soooo sporadic that it can be aggravating at times. Some weeks I can loss NO weigh and the next 1 - 2 pounds, then BAM 5 - 7 pounds in a two day period. SO I don't know the answer for ya'll...lol...
I do know that I have lost 95 pounds in 4 months and 2 weeks. I can fit into my DH jeans for the first time in 9 years & I weigh less then he does as of this morning :)
Take Care,
Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
jhwy0516
on 4/9/09 1:21 pm
Wow!  Everyone is doing so great!!! I am six months out and down 70 lbs and over 40 inches.  I haven't lost anything in over 3 weeks!!! Frustrating, but like everyone else, amazed at the progress so far.  I am in a size 12 jeans, a large top, even my feet have shrunk!  I feel great.  Even when I'm frustrated, I am still so glad that I have come this far.  I know without a doubt that without my RNY, I'd still be 250 lbs and I WILL NEVER BE THAT FAT AGAIN!!!! It is worth every struggle that I have gone through.  If anyone has any ideas to "kick-start" my plateau, I'd love to hear!!

I've had lots of WOW moments, but a couple of my faves are weighing way less than my husband, used to weigh the same, and he can pick me up!!! Loving it!!  Keep up the great work everyone!
Chasity
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 807 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 768 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1054 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2021 views