Nov.30th is the Day...and I need your help..Pleaaaaseee

T H.
on 11/11/09 12:32 pm - SD
Hey Guys,

It took me 13 months fighting with my insurance to get approved. And I finally did. I need your help though.. I read most of you guys get on a liquid diet way before the surgery to loose some pounds.. Can you tell me more about it? I actually have no idea what do I need to do to prep..
I have an appoitment with my surgeon tomorrow (12th)...and I hope I will be told all I need to know..but I want to hear from you guys..

Tell me what to expect if you already had the surgery? Or what are you doing to get ready if you havent had it yet?

Thank you so much and good luck to all of us.

If there is a will, there is a way.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 3:46 am
HI TH,

Congrats on your surgery date.  I'm on the 24th.  My surgeon gave me the choice of a low cal/low fat diet which allowed starches, fruit, veggies, and protein or I could replace each meal with a protein shake.  Since I don't do well with starches and fruits (the natural sugar/carbs makes me want more!), I chose the shakes plus a low carb snack between each.  I think its less than 1200 calories and I have to do it for two weeks. 

Its going pretty good and easier when I'm at work keeping busy!

HTH!

Best wishes,
Kelli
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 10:12 am
I am on liquids for 10 days mainly to shrink the liver.  I can have 130-150g of carbs and 50 plug grams of protein.  The first 3 days were horrible, but by day 4 I knew how my body would react and how to mix it up a bit, flavored broths and different kindas of pudding. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1857 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 876 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views