Had surgery on 11/5/2009

COWAN_SN
on 11/11/09 8:57 am
I am so glad to be home from the hospital! It was not as bad as a thought it would be. The worst was having the drain taken out.  Feeling pretty good after. So tired of liquids already. I am hungry I didn't expect that. I was hoping to have no appetite. Trying to work through the the hunger pain. Maybe it's all in my head. Looking forward to the next phase. Going to my first group meeting tomorrow. I just need some one who is going through this to talk to.
missnanajean
on 11/11/09 9:09 pm - Friendswood, TX
Good Morning, I had surgery  for Lapband to RNY the same day. How are you doing? I had laproscopic and no drain but a pain pump we removed on Sat. nite. I'm still having tightness and burning pain in my left side. I weaned to half Tylenol/lortab mixed which has helped since lortab doesn't have a full dose of tylenol in it. I'm on clears til tomorrow I hope. I'm ready for something other than clear liquids too.I'm finding not chewing the jello to nothing  then swallowing is keeping the jello in the pouch longer thats helping the hunger  more head than physical pain.
Shannon W.
on 11/11/09 11:44 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey, I hated the drain part too omg. The nurse was laughing at me ca\use I kept telling her I waa scared for it because my friends at bayview group told me about it. When she did it i made my bf hold my hand and I shreeked like eww omg i hate it. I said it felt like a snake eating its self out of my body. She laughed and said yeah i didnt want to mention some people have said snakes. I think some of the hunger is in my head too. Yesterday I was around my mom she was eating mcdonalds I gave her the ok to eat it in front of me and the smells I just wanted to eat it so bad. I kept thinking but am I reall hungry though? I got a side of beans from taco bell and ate a few bites of that and it was so yummy. I also had egg salad reall mashed yesterday too both were so good to have regular food. I am going to the group at baview tonight too!! I will have to meet you in person. They said this month group is about holiday eating so I was really excited to go. I hope to see you tonight. What area do you live in?

RNY 11/3/09.........Pre Surgery 320lbs......Day of surgery 313 lbs
Goal: 150 lbs

Beauty comes in all shapes & sizes!

COWAN_SN
on 11/12/09 12:43 am
Hi,
I am going to go to the meeting today so I hope to see you there. I live in Baltimore City near Fells Point. Have you been going to the meetings a long time? This will be my first meeting I will be glad to talk about some of my issues.
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 10:16 am
Each Dr is so different.  I have been on liquids for 6 days will be on liquids for 2-4 weeks after.  I won't be able to have eggs or beans until I am close to a month out. 

Congratulations on the surgery and thank you for posting.  I am less than a week away!
Barbara1101
on 11/19/09 6:56 am
I'm glade that I'm not alone in feeling hungry when I'm around food. I don't think I'm hungry its that I see it so I want it. I was concern about being able to eat so early out. My doctor wants me to what 4 weeks before introducing more foods.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1857 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 876 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views