Surgery 11/17/09

shellshock
on 11/16/09 8:13 pm - Bremerton, WA
Well this is it. Today is the day. Good luck to all of you having your surgery today as well.

Shellshock
Revision from Lapband to RNY
Surgery date: 11/17/09 - Dr. Srikanth
HW 316/ SW 283/ CW 235 / 1st Goal 250/ 2nd Goal 200/ 3rd Goal 175 

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 11:14 pm
Good luck to you!
shellshock
on 11/18/09 6:42 am - Bremerton, WA
Well I just got home about an hour ago. My surgery went well. It was a revision from Lapband to Medial RNY. They also took out my gallbladder. I was so groggy and dizzy for the first few hours and then they realised that it was the Morphine. Once I stopped taking that I started to get better. Instead they gave me liquid loritab and that worked for my pain. I mostly am having pain at one specific incision on the left side. This is where they said they took out my port. I couldn't believe it when they told me I had eleven incisions. Last time I only had six. Now that I am home I am trying to do too much. And I am putting myself in pain. So I am just gonna sit here and play online for a while.

Anyone else from the 17th want to share their story...
Shellshock
Revision from Lapband to RNY
Surgery date: 11/17/09 - Dr. Srikanth
HW 316/ SW 283/ CW 235 / 1st Goal 250/ 2nd Goal 200/ 3rd Goal 175 

mindylou22
on 11/20/09 12:40 pm - san antonio, TX
oooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww
Had surgery on the 17th just got home today the 20th. Turns out I'm a bleeder & bleed inside & outside of the intestines.  I woke up the night of the 17th spitting up blood.  I don't post this because I want to freak anyone out I just want others to realize how very serious this surgery is.  Thankfully I have been able to avoid a blood transfusion but I was scared & in pain.  My Dr had me on morphine which didn't help, switched to demerol that worked but I only had it for 24 hrs.  after that it was liquid Loratab every 6 Hrs.  Now I will tell you I felt it the pain return every 4 hrs & insisted that if I had to walk they had to medicate me.  I'll stop whinning for now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1857 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 876 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1238 views