I had the bypass surgery on Tues. 11/17/09

RRoss
on 11/19/09 7:28 am
Hi guys, I'm new to the board and I just had my surgery two days ago. I am struggling now because I feel hungry. I' trying to stick to the diet but it's hard right now.
that1gurl
on 11/19/09 8:57 am
hey i am kinda new also. my surgey will be nov 30 hopefully. doesnt look like alot of people come in this forum. i am here and can friend you if you want. sorry about how you are feeling. i am sure after all that i have read that it will go away soon. keep doing what your suppose to and i am sure you will do just fine. keep me updated if you want i would love to here how this works for you. we can swap storiers.

take care
 alicia
RRoss
on 11/19/09 9:03 am
Sure, and thanks for responding. My surgery came so fast. I was approved in one day and it just happened so fast. I should've went shopping beforehand but my husband went for me today and purchased me some things.
Addie H.
on 11/28/09 7:55 pm - Little Rock, AR
Hello , I'm new to the site, and waiting to get approval for the lapband. But I have a question for you "how did you get approval for the surgery in one day?" I have AETNA  insuranceand told it would take as long as 4-6 weeks.. Is there a secret to getting it done quicker>
jessica g.
on 11/19/09 1:14 pm - stockton, CA

Why are you so hungry? Is that normal to feel that way after surger,I havn't had the surgery yet, but I went to my first class the other day and they said after surgery you would only be able to eat meals the size of a little 1/4 cup serving.

shellshock
on 11/20/09 12:30 pm - Bremerton, WA
I also had surgery on 11/17. I haven't been hungry at all. I am on a clear liquid diet until day seven when I can introduce the protein shakes. I just suggest drink lots of water 1 oz every 5-10 minutes and sip on broth for protein. As long as you are hydrated you will be okay. Try not to stray and eat anything this soon out since it will just hurt you.
Shellshock
Revision from Lapband to RNY
Surgery date: 11/17/09 - Dr. Srikanth
HW 316/ SW 283/ CW 235 / 1st Goal 250/ 2nd Goal 200/ 3rd Goal 175 

mindylou22
on 11/20/09 12:32 pm - san antonio, TX
 Hey there I had surgery the 17th as well. I am just now thinking of food.  I had a steak on the 15th & have not had a meal since.  While I am thinking of food no actual eating has occured. I am scared to death what my body will do if I mistreat it again.  Hang in there,  Don't go thru the pain of surgery & not reap the benefits.  If I am not mistaken there are signals in your stomach that tell you that you are hungry because they have shrunck your stomach physically your hunger cravings should diminish.  I say this while watching a Thanksgiving feast commercial mmm mmm I hope to have a table spoonof mashed potatoes & table spoon of pumpkin pie.  
myfatcatcow
on 11/21/09 2:02 am - Salem, OR
 Hi, I had gastric bypass on Nov 16.  On the full liquid diet whi*****ludes sf yogurt, protein shakes, and clear liquids.  I'm having trouble getting the 48 ounces of liquids in ... makes me feel a bit queasy.  I am a bit hungry as well.... may try some cream of wheat later today.  

How is your pain level?  I'm still using the liquid lortab every 4 hours - had the laproscopic procedure. 
RRoss
on 11/21/09 8:56 am

My pain has been bad. I tried to lay on my side and I felt some burning sensation. I want to stick to the diet but I dont have much help or support here and it's hard.  I will try some protein now but I was told that lots of protein at first  makes you queasy.

myfatcatcow
on 11/21/09 9:10 am - Salem, OR
I am also having trouble with the protein shakes making me queasy and would really like to try some real food.... very tired of the yogurt and soups... I tried 3 different soups today and all of them tasted really off ..... very salty.  Not sure why.  I get to have soft foods starting monday - such as scrambeled eggs, cream of wheat, etc... I'm really looking forward to that.

Sorry that your pain is bad - do you have pain meds to take?  I find that if I stay on top of the pain then I feel better and less queasy.  Doc said I could also take some liquid tylenol along with the lortab.... maybe you could try that?

Was your procedure open or laproscopic?

Sorry that you don't have much support .... count on your friends here - does the hospital have support groups for their bariatric patients?  I find that very helpful at my hospital. 

Hang in there, i'll send good thoughts your way.

linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1856 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 875 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views