Have surgery on Monday 23, 09

richduty1975
on 11/20/09 5:45 am
Hello I am haveing surgery on Monday...
mgj5us
on 11/20/09 5:50 am
Good Luck on your surgery.  Keep us updated.  I'm hoping to have my surgery in the latter part of January.  Waiting on approval from surgeon.
Jaxxx
on 11/20/09 1:08 pm
had mine this last Monday--difficult but worth it :) luck!
CKatGo
on 11/20/09 9:25 pm - VA
Me too! God bless you and your recovery
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
andreakay
on 11/21/09 8:14 am
Me, too!  I'm nervous but committed. 

Good luck; I hope it's very smooth for you.
ewillia1
on 1/3/10 3:56 am
I also had surgery 11/23/09.  So far I've lost about 30 pounds.  This seems to be my personal plateau point.  With every diet I've tried over the last 10 years,  I tend to lose 30 pounds and then hit a wall.  In the past I have always eventially quit after staying at 30 pounds lost for 1-2 months.  Then I gain it all back and then some.  I am somewhat discouraged although I know that it is not possible for me to stop losing at this point and then gain it all back since I chose to do the RNY.  So far I've remained at 30 pounds lost for over a week.  I know this is all in my mind but given my history, I tend to freak out around the 30 pound mark.  Any of you experiencing similar trouble?  I need a little boost of motivation. 
I am exercising daily with the Wii biggest loser and walking the dog 2-3 times per day for about 20-30 minutes per walk.  I've also done some Wii Fit plus on the days I don't have a workout scheduled with the Wii biggest loser.  I got a membership at a gym although I have only gone a couple times. 
I've been cooking food following bariatric surgery recipes.  I don't eat much.  I  eat at least 3 small meals per day with a couple small snacks per day.  I try to focus on eating high protein although I cannot stand protein shakes.  I do like Smoothie King's Gladiator protein drinks.  They have 45 grams of protein in a small and are low in calorie as well.
Any advise and support would be well appreciated.  I'd like to know how people who had surgery at the same time as me are doing.  I'd also love to hear from people who have experienced and overcome similar issues.
Thanks.
Elisabeth

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1856 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 875 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views