home from the hospital

tiggergurl78
on 12/3/09 11:31 am - lawton, OK
holy cow.. gettin home was rough! why did we buy a house off of a bumpy road?!?! lol just glad im home now. the nurses at the hospital were great but nothing beats being home and comfy. 3 days post-op and counting. bring on the pain meds! lol how soon did everyone heal and get past the intolerable pain levels?

meldave00
on 12/3/09 2:03 pm - Rosemount, MN
I would say the pain gets a bit better as each day goes by.  Getting up & moving really does help get your muscles moving some.  I'm at 2 weeks post-op & I'm still on pain meds.  From the sounds of it everyone recovers at different rates, but hopefully the pain goes away quickly for you!!  Congrats on being home...the surgery is now behind you & now you have the rest of your 'new life' ahead of you!!! 
                                                    ~Melissa~  

EOD WIFE
on 12/3/09 2:10 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Congrats on joining the LOSERS!
I hope your recovery is speedy!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

tiggergurl78
on 12/4/09 1:08 am - lawton, OK
thanks for the help. i can tell in just one day that things are healing. it doesnt hurt me to sit in the computer chair or to step over the doggy gate between the living room and kitchen... not the most comfortable things in the world but i can do them! bending down still scares me a little.. poor hubby has to help me pull up my pants after i use the bathroom... lol! im so glad he loves me.. sucha trooper! i still have a few leftovers from the hospital.. itchy crawly skin from the morphine and a swollen hand from an infiltrated i.v. when did yall stop wearing the abdominal binders? i know theyre helpful and all.. but mines really getting on my nerves more than anything.
nu-mi
on 12/6/09 10:56 pm - Gilroy, CA
Congratulations on being home, Tigger! :)  So nice to be in your own house, in your own bed, in your own shower!!! Hope your pain is getting better.  I think everyone is different pain wise, I just was taking one Tylenol maybe twice a day by the 4th day Post-Op, the Liquid Vicodin was making me super gassy and that hurt more then anything!  Binder wise, I think I tried to wear mine but it just seemed to pain me more then help... I think it's just personal preference, I'm sure it's super helpful for others.  And so fabulous you have such a loving hubby, you know it's love when they help you put on your undies after you shower!  Take care!!!

Amanda
                                   1st Goal Reached May 22nd, 2010      
So ready to continue this journey, so ready to reap all the rewards!    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1855 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 848 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 871 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views