How is everyone doing?

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 7/5/10 4:29 pm
I am 8 months out today! Time is passing and I am down 100 pounds. I have 30 more that I would like to lose, and I am not sure if I am going to make it. It seems like I am falling off my plan. I am starting to always want to eat. I am starting to not want to exercise, and I am not drinking water like I was at first. I guess I am getting lazy to my lifestyle change. I really want to be successful with changing my habits, but my mind hasn't converted yet. Tomorrow I plan to get back on track with water, food, and exercise. I think I need to make a plan and stick with it. So, how is everyone else doing? Have you figured how to use your tool?
mybadof4
on 7/7/10 10:50 pm - De Pere, WI
RNY on 11/09/09 with
I had surgery on the 9th and I am also down 100lbs.  I have met my goal but wouldn't mind loosing a few more.  I eat a lot more than I use to.  I am so afraid of gaining it back.
 Mary       
HW 238 SW 215 GW 135 2nd GW 125 CW 120 
Tonya75
on 7/8/10 12:27 pm - IL
Hi there!

I am doing good. I am about 128 lbs down (a whole person....WOW).

I am a little concerned about the slowing down of weight lost. I hope that I will lose about 75-80 more lbs.
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

joan2000
on 7/11/10 7:15 am - Wyoming, MI
I am not doing well at all, sort of. I lost 75 lb and have been stalled for about 2 1/2 months. I have not followed 1000 cal as I was told because I wasn't able to do that before surgery and nothing really has changed, has it? At this point I have no benefits from surgery, I can eat sugar, I can eat as much as I can without feeling over-full. I am hungry all the time. Of course, I am not eating all I was before, but I don't ever feel too full, and am sliding back towards carbs for taste satiety. I don't understand why people can keep losing after a certain point - the only reason we are losing anymore is diet, right? I am not sticking to 1000 cals, so I am stalled at 75 lb loss. I am not complaining, I had goals of improving my health and I have done that, but I thought I would lose more. I am hanging right around 200 lbs, and don't get any lower. Any thoughts out there - is this all there is unless I attempt dieting again? BTW, I go faithfully to the gym, so am still toning and losing inches. My belly flab hangs lower and lower every week, so I know I am still getting benefit from that. I suspect some of my stall is fat turning to muscle since I work out, but I thought I would lose lb still as well. I am not muscle-bound by any stretch of the imagination. Just wondering if there are any others in my situation.
Thanks!
Joan
slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 7/14/10 1:10 pm
Some people say that the stall is normal, but you would probably get better info from people farther out that we are. We are still considered in the honeymoon phase. I would think that it is probably best for you to go back to basics. I hear that the stoma can be streched which would cause you to alway feel hungry. It could also be the carbs causing the hunger as well. Sugar makes you more hungry and starch mixed with saliva turns into sugar. It would be best to go back to basics..protein first, veggies, then fruits and last starch. Fill your pouch with the good stuff first..which will leave very little room for the starch..wishing you the best...It is a rough journey I know..
joan2000
on 7/15/10 5:43 am - Wyoming, MI
Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know how people do 100 cals, and I guess I better go back. I try to do protein only all day, but at night I get munchie and wamt carbs - just like before. I buy the low cal icevcream bars (Weigh****cher or Skinny Cow) but I think that is sabatoging me. I was told at one time I was carb sensitive, so I guess I need to go back to no carbs at all - what a drag. Can you tell I am a little discouraged? Wish I could meet my goal and train for marathons like the next gal!
slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 7/15/10 5:54 am
You can and you will meet your goal. You just have to push yourself. When you don't want to exercise you still do it. I have fallen off and got back on a few times, but I keep hanging in. The surgery is not magic. You have to put effort into reaching your goal. I am learning that more and more each day. you have to want it for yourself. The first 60-100 pounds come off easy which should motivate you to do even more. You are probably the smallest you have been in years. Embrace that and use it to motivate you. Carbs taste good but make you feel horrible. Protein, veggies, and fruit makes me feel wonderful. I can truly tell the diff. when I am eating good vs. bad. I have more energy and feel happier. You can splurge once in a while. Just don't make it a habit. I wish you the best. I know it is hard sometimes, but you can do this. Picture yourself at your goal weight or size? Don't be afraid to let the new you come out and shine..
joan2000
on 7/15/10 6:47 am - Wyoming, MI
Problem is, the carbs make me feel great. I have no problem with dumping, so I never react to the sugars, and actually I don't always tolerate the fiber associated with fruit, so sometimes don't tolerate the good, just the bad. After supper, which is mostly protein and good stuff, I like a little sweet to change the taste. I should just brush my teeth, but somehow the carbs jsut call my name. I failed at staying on diets before, why do they think it will work now?? I am motivated, and don't miss the gym, I am good with exercise, I am just bad with sweets.
slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 7/15/10 6:59 am, edited 7/15/10 6:59 am
So you are pretty much on top of things. Just have hard time with sweets. What about replacements? I just purchased some low fat low cal. muffins. Taste really good and it fills my pouch. I don't have the dumping factor either thus far. OH.. I also drink the crystal light fruit punch..that usually helps with my sweet tooth. I was doing the slim fast bars, but that didn't help cause I would eat a whole box in a day..same with the low cal ice cream..lol..so easy to eat. I just learned to stay away from it. I heard about the 129 cal ice cream for the entire pint. I wish I could remember the store. I have to ask the girl who made that post a little while back. There are options out there. We can find them together. Niki is usually on the RNY forum has amazing recipes.
joan2000
on 7/15/10 7:32 am - Wyoming, MI
True, I have tried some of Nikki's recipies - she is a great resource. Yep, I have a thing for sweets, and could try the Crystal Light Fruit Punch - have tried other flavors but didn't like them as I thought they had a funny taste - the lemonade, etc. I wondered about freezing them and making popsicles. I have tried the no sugar popsicles and they are good, but I eat them all - no sense of filling. I could try the muffins, too. I have been trying to eat denser proteins, like beef without gravy or sauce, chicken breast, not dark meat, and find that stays better. Did you read about "slider foods?" Someone has a website that was really enlightening to me about "slider foods", check it out. We ran it past the NUT here in Michigan, but she didn't have much to say on the subject. She describes how any carb goes right to your gut and absorbs and raises your blood sugar and wreaks havoc on your system - that scared me enough to cut way back, but I wish I could get past the craving again. Was past it after surg, just am not now. Sigh, might have to go back on the pre-surg diet again - 400 cals, 6 meals, etc. No carbs there,that ight get me past it once and for all. Not nice lessons to learn.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1855 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 848 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 870 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views