No responce from insurance yet!!

Sarah G.
on 11/16/06 12:04 pm - PA
My first initial visit with my surgeon was on the 4th of September. It took from then until the first week of November just to get all the needed tests and documentation for my insurance. My insurance (Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield) has had all these documents for about a week now. I was wondering how long it usually takes if they plan to approve a patient? Is anyone familiar with or been approved by a Highmark PPO plan? I am so stressed out wondering if Ill be approved.
Kym B.
on 11/16/06 11:38 pm - Lawrenceburg, TN
My surgeon's office gave me a packet of insurance information and one of the things it said was that after you get everything turned in to the insurance company, after a week, start calling them every day until they give an answer. Be sure to keep a record of who you talk to and the times and what was said. If you reach them one day and they say you are approved, go ahead and get the approval number from them and call your surgeon. You should have access to a website as well...that is how I found out I was approved before anyone was notified. Good Luck!
J M.
on 11/17/06 2:25 am - NJ
I feel your stress..... I'm waiting to hear from insurance as well. Dr. office sent it all this week...... I don't have the same insurance as you but i know what your going through. I can't take the waiting. I'm almost afraid to call the insurance co. , don't know how I will feel if I get denied. I've been working on this process since february...... Well - good luck hope you have good news soon.
tabbie
on 11/17/06 12:35 pm - kentwood, MI
Don't feel down, it takes a while... It took my insurance shorter time then it did for the doctor's to get done with all the test they had to due on me... I stated Aug 8, 2006 and I have just got approved from my doctor's office just last week... Hang in their it will all come so fast... I was told that it can take all the way to one year for some people... I have blue cross and blus shield but they had me approved with in a week but I kept on calling!!! Maybe that will help you... I will keep you in my prayer's and my God be with you alway's.... Gina
Bridget M.
on 11/18/06 12:41 pm - lost in the country, OH
I called every couple of days and had my approval within the week. Hope this helps. Bridget
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views