Are you sick and tired...

Geminidream
on 11/18/06 5:12 am - Spokane, WA
of people commenting on your choice of surgery date and lamenting all the great holiday food you are going to be missing? I'm so lucky and blessed just to be getting this chance at surgery, who CARES if I miss a 'big-deal' holiday pig-out??? Isn't a lifetime of those holiday pig-outs part of what got me to needing surgery in the first place? And how come nobody thinks of the time you are at home recuperating with family (hopefully) as a blessed time of peace amidst everybody else's mad rush toward some dateline? Sorry...I had to vent. Molly
prechrgrl
on 11/18/06 5:34 am - hamilton, OH
Molly, I am soooo with you, that is all I've heard.... why don't you wait till after Christmas. Heck I'm gonna be in the hospital for my birthday to but I don't care. Holidays is surly abut re-couperating with family, playing a game with my grandchildren and being 20# lighter by Christmas... So what, that I don't get to eat a pound of fudge...I'm with you. Blessings Tammy
Joanne B.
on 11/18/06 7:33 am - Lake Forest, CA
Hey Molly, Fortunately, no one has said anything like that. I'm having my surgery when I want it, partly because of childcare for my little ones. But you are absolutely right. Do we really need another big meal in which to gorge ourselves sick? Do we really need all the candy and cookies? No. Some people will never understand. Joanne
judyrchrdsn
on 11/18/06 10:28 am - Fillmore, CA
I haven't had any of my family say that yet because they know I have to do this to get the diabetes and blood pressure under control. I haven't really talked about it at work. They know I am having diabetes trouble. I will tell them after I get the blood test results back and make sure there will be no delays.
KELLY Z.
on 11/18/06 10:52 am - IL
RNY on 12/12/06 with
I haven't told anyone... I may after the surgery. But I agree...the holiday pig outs are one of the things that got me here in the first place. I keep doing a reality check and tell myself that I want a lifetime of holidays with my boys and one day with their families.
teneeshiaa
on 11/18/06 10:55 am - alto tx., TX
Yeah I've heard this over and over. My mom thought I should have waited until after thanksgiving, well I got a date and it is dec.7 now she says wait until after christmas then maybe wait until after new years. I feel like my body has been waiting for a long time yes I will try to enjoy thanksgiving, but after that I will start to enjoy my new life on the losing side.
Mary S.
on 11/18/06 9:00 pm - Eden Prairie , MN
VSG on 05/15/17
What a great post!!! My daughter who has lost 105 lbs with WW and Curves said it best, "Mom, there will never be a good time to do this, just get in there and get it done." I have such great support, I feel so lucky. This is the GREATEST gift we could ourselves and our families, a chance at better health and longevity. Take care. Mary
Geminidream
on 11/19/06 6:07 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you all, I was beginning to wonder if I wasn't just being too sensitive about this. The only people who haven't made comments like that are the people who don't know about the surgery yet. I'm planning on telling my folks a day or two before surgery and if I have to tell my in-laws-- sometime in December when they get back from their Thanksgiving trip. It'd be great if I could somehow avoid telling them at all. Part of what I enjoyed about holiday food was the preparation of it so as I've been cleaning out my cupboards and getting them ready for a healthier lifestyle, it has been fun baking and sending goodies to my daughters' and my workplaces. Plus, the Cub Scout annual food drive got a lot of things too. This new lifestyle makes shopping a whole different experience, now I am looking at everything to see the fat grams and sugar grams! Before I'd just grab it and stuff it in the cart. Hopefully everybody in the family will benefit from this. Molly.....TWO WEEKS!!!
Ronda
on 11/21/06 11:11 pm - Wilburton, OK
You go-- My mother who isn't a big fan of this WLS to begin with has really played with my mind, she says stuff like this is the worst time of the year, wait until after the first of the year or wait until spring break so the kids can have a better Christmas.....It is really wearing me out. I am having this on 12-12-06 and she will help me with the kids, but I am not going to be a whiner or cryer because that will just give her an oppurtunity to say "I told you so". I really needed to vent that. Thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views