Help!!!!!

Nella
on 11/18/06 10:28 am - Chattanooga, TN
Does anyone know if I should start eating lighter now.I am having my surgery in 17 days and my husband says that I need to start eating lighter because I am just going to make myself sick after surgery.I talked to several people that has told me that you just don't feel like eating after surgery and you literally have to make yourself. I have been eating less I have lost six pounds in two weeks so I am doing something right...He says that I should try eating 4 oz. of food for the nexty few weeks...I don't know what to do..I am sure that it would not be a bad idea but I just don't know...
judyrchrdsn
on 11/18/06 10:31 am - Fillmore, CA
My doctor told my I had to lose 10-20 pounds or they would reschedule surgery. It makes a difference during and after surery, he says.
christinadavis1222
on 11/18/06 11:43 am - tracy, CA
My Dr. told me to eat 4 oz of meat and 4 oz of fruit or vegetable and 2 protein shakes and clear fluids for 2 weeks before the surgery because doing that will reduce the size of your liver, so you have a better chance of have lap.. If the liver is to fatty they cannot see what they are doing in there and might have to cut you open.. So try to follow that diet if you can to shrink your liver.. Best wishes to you, im having my surgery on Dec 5th also, so i have to start that diet on monday... Christina
prechrgrl
on 11/18/06 12:32 pm - hamilton, OH
Hi Nella, What has your Dr. told you to do? Eating lighter is a good thing but if your anything like me I want to get in all my favorites before cuz after surgery I'm done. Follow Dr's orders. Blessings Tammy
Nella
on 11/18/06 8:33 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Thank you so much for the help...I can really use it...Which surgery are you have? Good Luck to you and I hope that you fly through post op....
Nella
on 11/18/06 8:45 pm - Chattanooga, TN
Tahnks to everyone for the advice...I will go by what the dr. told me.....
prechrgrl
on 11/19/06 1:16 am - hamilton, OH
HI, i'M HAVING THE RNY LAP. I LOOKED AT THE LAP BAND BUT TO MANY WAYS TO CHEAT FOR ME. I WANTED SOMETHING MORE PERMANENT, I ALSO DIDN'T LIKE THE A PORT BEING IN ME FOREVER. HAVE YOU DECIDED YET?
Nella
on 11/19/06 3:29 am - Chattanooga, TN
I am having the gastric bypass. Ireally don't know the difference in all of them..I only know about the bypass and the lap band...I know how you feel about the lap band I thought the same thing plus you have to keep getting it injected to keep it tight..I don't want the hassel of all that so I want something more permanent also..I wish you the best...
Lisa W.
on 11/19/06 10:26 am - Sterling, CO
I disagree with your husband. 4 oz of food at this stage of the game, pre-op, is just ridiculous. The things you should be doing right now are cutting out carbonated or caffienated drinks, no drinking water during meals and chew, Chew, CHEW your food. These are things you should be practicing and easing into place before surgery. Eating less will just be a part of the weight loss surgery.
Joanne B.
on 11/20/06 7:32 am - Lake Forest, CA
I completely agree with Lisa! I have totally cut out sodas, sweets, and most carbs. 4 oz of food right now is not enough. Good Luck and do what your doctor says. Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views