BOY THAT WAS EASY!!!

Lisa W.
on 11/19/06 9:40 am - Sterling, CO
The surgeon's office submitted my first letter to the insurance company on 11/9/06 and I got approved on 11/17/06! My surgery is scheduled for 12/11/2006. Merry Christmas to me.....
Geminidream
on 11/19/06 12:16 pm - Spokane, WA
Wohoo Lisa!!! Congratulations on your upcoming date and how wonderful that you were lucky enough not to have to go through insurance h*ll to get approved. I hope that the time will fly by for you and you have an uneventful surgery with a speedy recovery! Molly
Joanne B.
on 11/20/06 7:28 am - Lake Forest, CA
Merry Christmas Lisa, I think we're all going to have a Merry Christmas. Who could ask for a better gift? Congrats on getting your date and good luck in the coming weeks. Joanne
Kym B.
on 11/20/06 1:56 pm - Lawrenceburg, TN
I know what you mean! My letter and documentation was submitted at 3pm on a Wednesday and I was approved the next morning at 9am! Of course, I'm not sure if that means I did my homework and covered my bases, or that I am so obviously in need of the surgery they couldn't deny me, LOL! Good luck and congratulations!
marsha62865
on 11/21/06 12:11 am
My surgery is also set for Dec 11 gl Marsha
missinglinke
on 11/21/06 11:04 am - Cook County Area, IL
Who is your insurance co? What types of things did you do to get it submitted? Or just the Doc doing his work?
Lisa W.
on 11/22/06 1:39 am - Sterling, CO
My insurance company is United Health Care through the railroad, my husband's employer. Just from reading things here on the board, I made sure to have all my medical records sent to the doctor's office prior to them sending the letter to the insurance company. As per a requirement by the surgeon's office, I had to attend a 5 hour nutriution class and a psych eval, again, prior to the surgeon's office sending in the letter to the insurance company. Once all those things were completed, a letter was sent to the insurance company and a week letter they called me with an approval. The process was really pretty easy for me but that all depends on the insurance company and the policy the employer has with them. Hopefully your insurance policy does not have any exclusions but even if it does, you can always try to get an appeal.
Netters27
on 11/22/06 11:51 am - Boonville, MO
First off, way to go!!! I also have United Healthcare and it took me a little less than 30 days to get approved. I called them once a week to make sure they weren't missing any information. I found out Tuesday that I was approved and we set my date for 12/20. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas Nettie
Carolyn Lavery-Barclay
on 11/24/06 12:59 pm - Tallahassee, FL
You are all so lucky. My HMO took WLS out of all their policies when they renewed and I am having to self pay for mine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views