18 days and counting

phatchance
on 11/23/06 4:37 pm - NV
Hi all, Guess thanksgiving dinner marked the last supper for me. Maybe for some of you December WLS patients as well. Funny, I did not eat as much as I thought I would normally. Perhaps, I am a little nervous about the surgery. I had a few cigarettes... which did not set well with me. I hope they will not cancel my surgery because of those few cigarettes I smoked. I heard they test you on that... is that true? So like to hear from those smokers that had WLS. I am trying very much to keep away. Happy belated Thanksgiving... and happy count down for those whom are scheduled for the 12th
Kym B.
on 11/23/06 10:35 pm - Lawrenceburg, TN
Yeah, I did kind of look at it as the last supper. My surgery is on the 11th so I am getting nervous as well. I was a smoker but I quit when I found out I was required to. I am not trying to upset you but I will be honest with you. My surgeon required me to stop puffing 6 to 8 weeks prior to surgery. The day of surgery, they will test my blood and if there is any nicotine, which stays in your blood for 30 days, they will cancel surgery. This is how a lot of surgeons are beginning to do it. They are discovering more and more every day that smoking greatly impacts recovery and complication rates. So my suggestion is to call your surgeons office and be honest upfront about it and make sure this is not going to cause issues, because if they test you and it's positive, they may assume you have been smoking all along and are lying about quitting. Good luck! Oh, the way I quit so easily? I just want this surgery so badly that I wouldn't have probably done anything short of selling my child to have it...LOL!
phatchance
on 11/24/06 2:01 am - NV
Kym, It is so great about your surgery being a day before mine. Good luck and pray for a speedy recovery. Obviously, with the will power you have to quit smoking for something that means so much to you, I am sure recovery will be equally the same. I think I will take your advice and call the doctors office Monday and tell him what is going on. He put me on Zyban, but it was not helping and I semed a little blue being on it. Wish me luck. I was reading your profile about your mother. I want you to know that she and your family are in my prayers. My mother has diabetes, yet she has not been through what your mother as been, but I am sure she is headed down the same road. You are truly a special daughter, to have remembered the thing that would bring happiness to her heart whether it was now or at christmas when it is given. Your mother is so very blessed for having such a loving daughter as you. Please do stay in contact after your surgery and I will too, to compare notes.... Take care and God bless. Marie
Joanne B.
on 11/24/06 2:52 am - Lake Forest, CA
Maire, Thanksgiving was my last meal as well. And like you I didn't eat very much. And no desserts for me either. Doesn't it make you feel so in control!?! Joanne
Ronda
on 11/28/06 2:46 am - Wilburton, OK
That is the way I felt with Thanksgiving dinner as well, I am scheduled for 12-12-06, and I was certain I would be really pigging out....but I didn't and haven't really since. I have had a couple really good things, my cheeseburger today was a splurge, but I didn't get fries with it. I like this feeling of being empowered!!
phatchance
on 11/28/06 2:18 pm - NV
Joanne, Your surgery is fast approaching! I am excited for you Don't forget to keep us posted. My prayers are with you for a successful and fast recovery. take care. Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views