Lazy

Heather M.
on 3/8/09 3:10 am - Modesto, CA
Sometime this week I'll get the bump updated to show off.  We have a ballet dancer on our hands, or a world class punter.  She kicks most of the day, but thankfully, is still breech, so she's not sucker punching me in the lungs all the time.  I've just become a world class bathroom sprinter!  We did our 28 weeks sonogram to finish out the "maternal age" screening, and per u/s Cat is right on target at 45% growth curve, weighing in about 3 lbs this week, and all systems and organs are developed with no defects.    If she gains like a normal baby (which I don't think she will being as I'm post-GB, and starting to go back to eating tiny amounts both because she's taking up so much room and I'm not super hungry like I was the first 6 1/2 months), she could weigh close to 8 lbs at birth.

Other night, I told the DH that according to the books and websites, at 28+ weeks, he could hear her heartbeat unaided if he laid his head on my tummy.  So he did.  And says, "Oh!  Her heartbeat is super fast, like at the doctor's office.. whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, cool..."  And you can guess, right about then, he got kicked in the head.  I laughed so hard, I cried, and my stomach muscles hurt for a good hour afterwards.  

We've got her nursery stuff in the boxes, sitting in the corner of the room.  They will get put together middle of April, so I don't have to fight the jealous furballs for the next two months.   That cats can't understand why they can't curl up in mom's lap anymore.  1) Because Caitlin kicks the crud out of them when they press on her "bump", and 2) what lap?  LOL

Well, we finally have some sun, so I'm going to go waddle around with the rake and see if I can't gather up some leaves out of my planter for the DH to clear out when he gets home from work, before he mows.  That and I think Cat is wanting me to stand up to stretch, she's thumping the crud out of my belly button, which usually means it's morning walk time.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Geminidream
on 3/11/09 6:24 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Heather (and Caitlin),
Hope you had a lovely Sunday after all.  Thank you for sharing your day with us, reading all those things reminded me of my past pregnancies and brought back lovely memories.  I hope you are printing or archiving these types of posts for her baby book.  She will certainly enjoy reading about your pregnancy someday and it will be fun for you to relive it too. 

Where the rest of us are either trying to maintain or lose every Wednesday I hope  you had a nice gain this week.

Hugs,
Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 791 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 752 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1424 views
anniversity