Wednesday Weekly Weigh-In/Accountability

MelissaF
on 6/2/09 11:40 pm, edited 6/2/09 11:43 pm - Northwood, IA
Hi Gang!

So glad to see so many of you back here!!!  Group HUG !!!!

So SOO glad to know that all of you feel you can come back here when you need support or a friend who understands not only the struggles but the joys of RNY and its journey!  So glad to have this December family! You guys ROCK!  I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! 

So let's be accountable... even if the "truth hurts".  Post that weight, be accountable and lets get the scales moving again ladies! I know with eachother's help and assitance we all can be successful in this journey!  Don't let 10-30 lb gains get any higher... lets pull together and put that scale on a downward trend.  We can all do this TOGETHER!

Question of the week:  What are you struggling with as far as the postop rules are specifically?  What is ONE change you make this week to get back to basics.  Sometimes not changing everything at once is better.  Baby steps...

My answer: Not indulging at social situations.  Weddings, parties etc.. I tend to lose all control and it takes days for me to get it back together.  I always do go back to basics (thankfully) but it gets harder and harder.. its like putting an alchoholic at a bar and saying... don't drool over the liquor or ask for taste tests... are ya kidding me? I love food and stick the buffet in front me of me.. sigh I lose it.  I always feel gassy, queasy and have some low blood sugar attacks yet I never learn.  So I am going to start going back to where I make my OWN indulgent "safe" desserts to bring or bring my own meal if the family is making something I can't have.  Weddings well what do u do? I will just have to learn not to indulge in crap foods, luckily those don't happen often. LOL.

Ok on to the stats...

HW: 328
SW: 280
CW: 134
LW: 136

So please take my hand and join in ladies... love you all! Make a committment to move those bods somehow some way, even if its taking the stairs rather than the elevator or parking the car farther and walking to the store further.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Mini-me
on 6/3/09 3:05 am, edited 6/3/09 3:05 am - KY

OK WELL MY ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK IS.......................(and always will be)

THE CARBS!!!!!!!!  I HAVE REALIZED I AM A CARB JUNKIE.  ONE THING THAT I AM GOING TO TRY TO CHANGE THIS WEEK IS TO DRINK MORE WATER.  I KNOW I DON'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT IN.  AND YES I NEED TO MOVE AGAIN TOO BUT LIKE MELISSA SAID, "BABY STEPS".

HW:  340
SW:  330
LW:  186
CW:  185  (YEAH  DOWN ONE)

BLESSING
MINI ME

dmsams
on 6/3/09 3:26 am - san antonio, TX
You have lost so much weight- I hope that you are so so proud of yourself!
Dawn
MelissaF
on 6/3/09 5:19 am - Northwood, IA
YAY - way to get that scale going in the right direction!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

dmsams
on 6/3/09 3:23 am - san antonio, TX
FRIENDS!

Not sure if i told you guys this in my confession Monday- but i have started drinking with my meals- it started on vacation last year and i have not been able to shake it. Subsequently, i am able to eat a whole lot more than i need to or should. Beginning this past Monday I have been following the rules of no drinking with meals- and waiting 1 or more hours after to resume drinking. Thank you all for being my friends, I really do consider you all friends of mine- you are the only people I KNOW who know what i go through, who know what i am feeling and know how to make me feel better and that is priceless to me.

OK so on to the nitty gritty.

Highest Weight: 295
Lowest Weight: 181
Friday's Weight: 206
Today's Weight: 204

So do i call that 91 pounds lost, 2 pounds lost or 23 pounds gained ?

Dawn
MelissaF
on 6/3/09 5:21 am - Northwood, IA
Atta girl.... going DOWN! Love it!!!  Good for you.  Susan Maria is having an online support group tonight at 9:30 ET if you have time. It is on this top, why we shouldn't drink with our meals.  We already know why but might be good since it is the issue u are dealing with.  www.beprotein.com

stay strong- u are doing TERRIFIC!! 
Hugs, Melissa 

dmsams
on 6/3/09 11:23 am - san antonio, TX
for some reason i cannot log on to the live chat...but i will read the "transcripts" when the chat is over! Thanks for the heads up.....
Dawn
inDIANAw
on 6/3/09 3:50 am - Columbus, IN
Snacking in between meals on carb crap is my HUGE problem!!! I had a few good days and today has not been the best BUT it does not have to ruin my week!!!

HW-358
SW-338
Lowest-240
LW-275
CW-270

Yes I am up 30 pds..better then the 35 it was last week...
Hugs

Diana

dmsams
on 6/3/09 4:16 am - san antonio, TX
AND better than 55 or 65 or 75....we've got it under control! good job!
Dawn
MelissaF
on 6/3/09 5:21 am - Northwood, IA
YAY Diana!  Way to rock it this week!!!!

Keep up the good work lady!!! you are doing AWESOME!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views