Accountability (good and bad)

dmsams
on 6/4/09 3:21 am - san antonio, TX
Hello All and GOOD THURSDAY!
I would like to start out by saying I am not drinking with my meals.....4th day in a row!!! yipee

That being said, Greg and I went to grocery store last night and he bought some "stuff" for the fishing trip he is going on....wouldnt you know the freaking trail mix began calling my name last night.......I measured out a cup and ate BUT I wanted more......he was just going to take a portion of what he bought and was going to leave the rest in the pantry.......I suggested that if he wanted to have some for when he came home he should take it ALL with him....why does the trail mix love me so? It consumes my thoughts, I spend time thinking - there is trail mix in there- oh i know there is trail mix, wish i had trail mix ...sigh.................
Dawn
XOXOXO
on 6/5/09 1:05 am
dmsams
on 6/5/09 2:47 am - san antonio, TX
ok--peanuts,cashews, teeny tiny little choc chips, yogurt covered raisins, raisins, whole grain cereal, man--i am GLAD it is GONE...have had great days....this drinking thing (waiting an hour) is killing me --how come it wasnt this hard before? i am counting down......29 more minutes...the key is to occupy myself otherwise....

THanks for the tips Mel- it is probably best if i stick to the protein adn vegetables......i swear i am a true addict....if i have one taste of the good stuff it is a free for all...have a great day all!
Dawn
MelissaF
on 6/5/09 4:04 am - Northwood, IA
I am the same way Dawn.  You give me cake.. im hitting the buffet.  Sigh.. no stopping once I start till I am hugely guilty feeling and the scale is smaking me hard. 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

XOXOXO
on 6/5/09 8:37 pm
MelissaF
on 6/6/09 7:03 am - Northwood, IA
LOL - So weird, sweets i could care less for preop - now I just adore them sigh... and they many times still make me sick or give me low blood sugars so best to just stay away all together!

A new love is 0% fage greek yogurt with a tablespoon of SF/FF cheesecake pudding and splash of SF raspberry davinci syrup.. raspberry cheesecake.. HEAVEN.. all for 115 cals, 17 protein... 6 oz can't beat it!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

XOXOXO
on 6/6/09 11:36 pm
MelissaF
on 6/7/09 1:09 am - Northwood, IA
The low sugar thing is so not fun... Sorry you are going through it too but luckily its pretty much food related for me.. if I eat right, it doesn't happen.  Go figure! :-0

Have a good Sunday!
Hugs, Melissa 

XOXOXO
on 6/5/09 8:28 pm
MelissaF
on 6/5/09 2:30 am - Northwood, IA
ok here are my thoughts on trail mix........

Very yummy! ;-) However....

Goes down like a slider.
Very caloric in small amounts, 1/4 cup (which is nothing) averages what 140-180 calories?
Too easy to graze on....

Ditch it.. and if you need something like that.. start measuring out Kashi Go Lean and mix a bit of dried fruit with it like dried cranberries (small amounts as they are very caloric and high in natural sugars). 

Those types of foods are what sabotaged my weight loss preop.  I loved sweet/salty combos.  If you must do a sweet salty combo take a measured amount of nuts and coat them with egg whites and then toss in a mixture of splenda/cinnamon/nutmeg etc... I take these to fairs and it helps with the crunch factor a lot.  They are so good.  U just bake them at 350 for about 10 minutes or a bit longer till crisp.

Hang in there.. this journey isn't easy and we have to take a step back sometimes to realize what we need to change.  Glad to see you being accountable!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views