Gum

Nancy H.
on 6/4/09 1:53 am - CA
Good Morning everyone...at least it still is here.

I just want to know where you are with gum chewing. My doctor told me never to chew gum, but as time went on, I began to chew anyway. I have never been one to swallow my gum, but a bit of me worries it might happen accidentally one time, and I wonder what would happen. I think I am chewing more gum than ever before, and I worry about it (am I addicted; does it matter?) My favorite flavor id Orbit's Bubble Mint. I count it as a low-cal snack, but I still worry. What about you - do you chew?
Thanks, nancy

dmsams
on 6/4/09 3:08 am - san antonio, TX

Nancy-

I too, am a gum chewer- some days- i take a piece out and put a piece in.   i LOVE the Ice breakers ICE CUBES...i buy at TARGET in the 40 packs!  I do worry about accidentally swallowing my gum as well...i NEVER drink with gum in my mouth for that  fear. UH....i dont count it as anything....could be another one of my issues......

Dawn
dmsams
on 6/4/09 3:11 am - san antonio, TX
Nancy H.
on 6/4/09 4:05 am - CA
I actually add the calories of the gum in my totals for the day. I have never noticed gum in anyone's 'what did you eat' reports, but on some days, I chew at least 75-100 calories in gum. I can stop, I know, but as long as I don't gain weight or wsallow it, I am wondering why I should.

Heather M.
on 6/4/09 4:41 am - Modesto, CA
All during pregnancy, and even now, I chewed gum.. baby brain, atm, so I can't remember the brand.. might be the new Extra.  I never bothered to count the calories, because I can work those off just by the walking and housecleaning.  I had the metallic taste 1st trimester, then again 3rd trimester, and HAD to do something to help with it, because the constant tooth brushing wasn't helping, not to mention the poor enamel on my teeth.

And I've swallowed at least 5 pieces of gum.. compliments of my daughter kicking at the wrong time and making me gasp or choke on it.  No side effects, no horrendous pain.. no blockage.

So, if you don't get gassy from the extra air (that is the reason my surgeon gave for not chewing gum, as well as the possibility of it causing a blockage in one of the pouch openings), I don't see the real harm, this far out from surgery.
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Nancy H.
on 6/4/09 4:50 am - CA
Thanks, I don't see a problem either, but I wanted confirmation. Thanks for giving it to me. I will continue to chew away...with my mouth closed, of course.

inDIANAw
on 6/4/09 8:25 am - Columbus, IN
I chew gum..I have never been a gum swallower. I love the bubble mint also:)

Diana

inDIANAw
on 6/4/09 8:26 am - Columbus, IN
PS
I also feel that if chewing gum was the worse thing I did during this journey I would be below we goal weight now...

Diana

dmsams
on 6/4/09 11:23 am - san antonio, TX
lol
Dawn
Mini-me
on 6/5/09 11:11 am - KY
I ALSO CHEW LOTS OF GUM.  I TRY TO SO I MIGHT NOT EAT SO MUCH IN BETWEEN MEALS. 
SOMETIMES IT WORKS BUT A  LOT OF THE TIME IT DOESN'T.  MY FAV. IS EXTRA SPEARAMINT.

MINI ME
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!