Wednesday Weigh in & Accountability

dmsams
on 6/17/09 12:24 am - san antonio, TX
OK you will notice that i am not all quick to post this morning. I have been up and on line since 6:30 am and have been trying to think about how not to post this...but what good does that do when you only talk about the good days?

Started 295
Lowest 181
Last 202 (201.8)
Current 205

Dude! I didnt think that my transgressions this weekend were THAT bad....but it is what it is...i am accountable to myself and you guys. Just means i have to work harder& smarter and mind my manners this next weekend.

I dont have a deep or thoughtful question BUT in light of my gain i got something from the BECK book that Melissa recommended last year.

Sometimes we dont want to weigh ourselves because we think that we have gained weight. If we have- it's not the end of the world but we do need to know so we can figure out what to do- I (dawn) need to get over my fear of the scale- i need to not avoid facing the facts. After all avoiding the scale for this very reason is how i am 24# heavier than i was last year at this time.

Hope you all have a GREAT week!
Dawn
Beatriz A.
on 6/17/09 12:37 am - Sunny Miami, FL
My stats for this week are:

SW: 320+
Lowest: 174
Last week: 191
Today: 188.5......2.5 less....so happy..

Dawn, I think that weighing ourselves on a regular basis keep us grounded and in control....I panicked when I saw I had gone over 180 and keep on going until I went over 190 and that's is when I really panicked....Seeing 191 on my scale scared the heck out of me and was able to loose 2.5 lbs this week...on my way back to below 180...anythung below 180 is just fine with me.
Let's keep motivated and loose all the extra weight!!!!
Beatriz
dmsams
on 6/17/09 12:46 am - san antonio, TX
Bea

You had an awesome week! Good for you! I know that you are right about being grounded and in control and so I will continue to do this....good or bad (hopefully more good than bad)

Keep up the good work you are almost where you want to be!

I am proud of all of us for still watching our weight and caring where we are...we have all seen the folks on tv and perhaps even know some folks who have had the surgery- lost all the weight--and believe that they will never gain the weight so they do whatever they want and end up right back where they started..
Dawn
inDIANAw
on 6/17/09 12:59 am - Columbus, IN
Thanks for starting this again Dawn:)
HW-358
SW-338
Lowest-240
Last-272
Current-270

I am having a Good week so far and am THRILLED. I need to start walking again as I know that will so help!!!

Diana

dmsams
on 6/17/09 2:00 am - san antonio, TX
Diana! Yeah you! The walking will help too...i THINK about it all the time...I am working from home today adn when i went out to get the newspaper- i thought it would be great to walk....of course now it is probably 95 degrees (exaggerating) --but i will walk on the treadmill here next to my desk pretty soon and get it out of the way.....
Dawn
Mini-me
on 6/17/09 1:15 am - KY
hw:  340
lw:  187
cw:  185

could be cause of tooth pain can't eat much but I sure don't like the reason  OUCH

GO COLTS!!!!

MelissaF
on 6/17/09 2:51 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Dawn for starting this Thread!!!! I love that you are being accountable for yourself! Really is a great thing... I love the piece from the Beck Book... it is so true! Something I like to say in support group... "denials gets us nowhere, it just prolongs our reality".  That reality isn't always a good place with our weights when we have been in denial.  I like that you are facing things head on and going after it.  DO NOT be ashamed.  This group will NEVER look down on you, only support you.  I think you know that and that is why you feel comfortable coming here.  That makes us so happy! We are a family and I adore that here.  Simply love you guys!

Starting weight: 328
Surgery weight: 280
Last weight: 134 (i think, I can never remember to go back and look!)
Current weight: 134.5

Make it a point everyone to get your exercise in, not just for weight loss but for your heart health!

((((Group Hug)))) Make it a fabulous week all of you!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Higels
on 6/17/09 3:03 am - Pinellas Park, FL

I have not weighed myself in a ling time, but did this morning in antipation of this post

Started  372
Lowest 187
Current 232

I lost all my weight in the first 12 months and since then I have offically gained back 45 pounds.  Horrible, I eat like sh** and I eat constantly.  I know what is wrong, but do nothing to fix it.  I have  not taken vitamins in months, I have them, but am to lazy to put them together.  I am due for blood work and a surgeons visit this month.  I have not been to support group since January.  So with all that said, Better get my ass in gear!

Geminidream
on 6/19/09 9:18 am - Spokane, WA

Hi Dawn,
I didn't notice how late you posted this because look how late I am in getting back on the mb this week!  It has not been a great week but it is OVER! 

Stats:
HW: 268
SW: 240
LW: 147
CW: 146

Not much of a drop but I'll take it!!!!  Stress-from-h*ll week since last Sat. night and work was tough w/really high-level visitors.  Relied heavily on the Ambien for 'sleep' and managed to get abt. 6-7 hrs most nights and waking up usually only twice a night.  Not bad, but the Ambien, stress, too much coffee all gave me a week-long headache which went away this morning.  Woohoo!!!!  Woke up to rainy cool weather this morning and it has had me in a good mood all day since it takes the pressure off from yardwork guilt.    Gonna chill this weekend and try to get caught up on neglected housework. 

One fun thing, I may have caught the stomach bug that is going around at work.  Could be a ticket to another few # loss!!!  LOL!  Would just be my karmic kind of luck that it isn't a bug but just gut rumblings from the huge amount of ulcer meds I've been taking this week.    Am I a dork or what?

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!