Ugh bad eating frenzy this weekend...

MelissaF
on 6/21/09 11:21 pm - Northwood, IA
I ate WAY too many carbs this weekend and the scale is viciously showing it.. I am so bloated up its pathetic - happens especially now postop lower body lift - all the swelling and excess everything... garment is screaming at the stitches u all!

Anyways, I had to miss work b/c of a virus I have.  Still not feeling well.. sigh.  I have a sore scratchy, dry throat and drainage (sure that is the culprit to the sore throat) and body aches and headache etc... Been battling it since Friday AM.  With that came bad eating.. scale says.. yes get this.. 139.5 today, thats up what 6ish pounds? nice.... ugh.  So no, I am not perfect, I have my issues too.   I also know some of it swelling but it still isn't good... gotta get it together.

I am also speaking at support grp tonight.. 1.5 hours. This is my annual lecture on vitamins, nutrition and exercise importance and I hand out a survival guide.  I enjoy this lecuture a lot and I think others do too but not sure my voice can take it.. gotta do it though b/c the other leaders are at a bariatric conference or out of town visiting family.

Wish me luck both with the lecture and getting back on track... sorry the "eats" posts were nonexistent over the weekend, I will try to do better.

Have a good week everyone!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

lswood_27
on 6/22/09 12:04 am - IA
Hope you're back to your old adorable self soon!!  It's a bummer being under the weather, especially when you are still recovering from surgery.  (Luckily I didn't have that problem after RNY.)  I'm really looking forward to hearing you talk tonight.  I think it will be very motivational!!  I want you to know that you are a great source of inspiration for me!!  Thank you for being you!!!  :-)  Don't worry, those 6 pounds will be gone again before you know it.  I must confess, I have dabbled some in the carbs department a couple of times since surgery, just to see what I would feel like afterwards.  Turns out it was NOT a good idea - I got really sick.  Oh well, we live and learn!  Feel better, girl!!  :-)
MelissaF
on 6/22/09 12:56 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Lyndsey! :-)  Much appreciated - the support.  We all need it for sure.  Every time I don't feel well I revert back to carbs to make me feel better and well it doesn't do anything but make me bloat and the scale goes up.  I used to get very sick from eating carbs/sugar, not so much anymore.  Unless it is in a liquid form.  Time goes on your tolerance gets better unfortunately.  It took me over 18 mos to two years to realize that they don't bother me as much as they once used to.  I still get gassy but that is about it.  So keep that in mind and be glad it does make u sick now.. remember that always!

Thanks for supporting me. I may be sniffling and drinking tea tonight to get through but I will be there with bells on. I love this lecture (sounds so bad to admit doesn't it?) but I do b/c I feel like it is the true nuts and bolts of what makes us successful with this surgery and good for even me to review it from time to time.. give me my own kick in the pants! See you tonight, look forward to seeing the new skinnier you! How exciting!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

dmsams
on 6/22/09 6:21 am - san antonio, TX
feel better friend...it is not unusual to gain weight when you are sick --your body is going thru all kinds of crzy things to fight the virus..it will be gone before you know it!~dawn
Dawn
abossard
on 6/22/09 8:47 am - MASON CITY, IA
Geminidream
on 6/22/09 9:25 am - Spokane, WA
So very sorry to hear you had eating troubles over the weekend.  I did too but blamed it on getting over the stress of last week...letting it all hang out.  And the scale was vicious for me too and now my flabby abs are hanging all out too.   

Glad you have your support group lecture tonight, that will help you get yourself re-energized and  back on track by itself.  Hope that you are able to get that bloat down so you feel more comfortable in your skin and your post-op garment AND get over that virus!  There is flu going around here.  I think I had the 24 hr tummy bug last Friday and yet didn't lose a single pound.  Nope, I just kept on eating right through it baby.  Dedicated.  That's me.

At support group last week we had a little mini artificial sweetener intervention.  The surgeon's office REALLY doesn't want post-ops (esp. post-honeymooners) to have so much sweetener in their diet because they are finding an alarming rate of us who are gaining weight from using them too heavily.  They say that our guts are re-wiring and turning them into sugars as if they really were sugar.  That is alarming and I wonder if it is backed up by any actual research or just anecdotal. 

So, I've been trying to cut back my Splenda use and you know from recipes I post here normally that is a tall order.  WAAAAY TALL!    I think part of my carb problem over the weekend was also that it is a bit of a rebellion against not having enough sweetness. 

I'll keep you posted.

Have a good meeting tonight!

Hugs,
Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Mini-me
on 6/22/09 2:38 pm - KY
"At support group last week we had a little mini artificial sweetener intervention.  The surgeon's office REALLY doesn't want post-ops (esp. post-honeymooners) to have so much sweetener in their diet because they are finding an alarming rate of us who are gaining weight from using them too heavily.  They say that our guts are re-wiring and turning them into sugars as if they really were sugar.  That is alarming and I wonder if it is backed up by any actual research or just anecdotal".

OH LORD WHAT NEXT!!!  FRUITS AND VEGGIES WILL BE BAD FOR US TOO? 

I TELL YA IT'S ALMOST LIKE DARNED IF YOU DO AND DARNED IF YOU DON'T
  ISN'T IT?

OH WELL WHAT'S A BODY TO DO?

BLESSINGS
MINI ME

dmsams
on 6/22/09 11:49 pm - san antonio, TX
MM

How is your tooth???
Dawn
Mini-me
on 6/23/09 3:04 am - KY

STILL PAINFUL  BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.....................

I ONLY HAVE 7 MORE DAYS TIL THEY TAKE IT OUT   UUUUGGGGHHHH

Geminidream
on 6/23/09 11:12 am - Spokane, WA

Exactly!  Well, I look at the successful long-term post-ops who are still with my local group.  They use sugar free products in moderation and that is what I have to aim for.  Did buy some agave sweetener today to try.  It isn't artificial and not as high a glycemic index listing as sugar.  Hope to be brave enough to try to make something with it in the next few days. 

Hope the time will pass quickly till you get rid of that mean tooth.  Try to keep comfortable till then!

Hugs,
Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity