09-09-09 Weightloss Challenge???????????

dmsams
on 8/4/09 11:59 am - san antonio, TX
Ladies!

5 weeks from tomorrow (Wednesday) is 09-09-09. How about we try a Mini-challenge? I could really use the support-besides i KNOW that we can do anything for 5 weeks.

I looked on the main board and it looks like there is an official Mini-challenge site- they usually run from 6-12 weeks but i think that since this is our first one- we should start small.

Rules are we weigh in once a week- (I suggest Wednesday) and we have to set a goal for the 5 weeks- it doesn't say we have to post our goals just that we have them. It is all about the accountability and support-

I am going to start this tomorrow morning- i hope, hope that someone or someones will join me- but i am committing to the 5 weeks

I am committing to 4 days of exercise per week
I will journal my eating
My goal is to lose 9lbs
(kind of goes with the 9/9/9 thing)

Please let me know your thoughts or if there is something i can do better- and most important
WHO'S WITH ME?

Dawn
Mini-me
on 8/5/09 2:15 am - KY
COUNT ME IN!!!!
MelissaF
on 8/5/09 2:09 pm - Northwood, IA
ME TOO!!! :-)

I am aiming for my goal weight of 130 lbs by 9/9/09

Also...

1) getting water in
2) taking all vitamins
3) meeting protein goals
4) going to the gym 3 times a week, running the other two days and working the weekend as my hectic nurse self :-)
5) journaling what I am eating as well as my emotions for the day.

Anyone else? Love this Dawn, thank you!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

XOXOXO
on 8/6/09 11:14 am
dmsams
on 8/6/09 10:16 pm - san antonio, TX
plus- you need the nutrient value in the fresh stuff ..do you know how much i appreciate you? You are so great. Thanks for joining in the cause. (help Dawn eliminate her fat A*&)It wouldnt be the same without you
Dawn
XOXOXO
on 8/12/09 1:13 am
Heather M.
on 8/7/09 2:02 pm - Modesto, CA
Okay, trying to figure what I can probably realistically commit to, since I'll be going back to work 8/17, and have a whole CRAZY new ass schedule starting between us having 1 car, getting both of us back and forth to work, as well as Caitlin over to my cousin's to be babysat.

I'll go with I'd like to lose 6 lbs, to hit 175.  (Adding the disclaimer that I still haven't restarted my monthly visits from Aunt Flo.. so either the hormones are going to kick in, or I'm pregnant again).

I will work on making an effort to walk at least 1-2 miles daily, with the baby, four times a week.
I will get in my daily protien requirement (haven't done that in ages)
I will NOT forget to take my nighttime dose of vitamins (especially my Calcium)
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
dmsams
on 8/7/09 11:22 pm - san antonio, TX
Heather, goals don't have to be lofty- look at mine nine pounds- but I have to commit to something. So in the midst of your nuttiness of getting into a new work routine- just add a few days of exercise or commit to packing your lunch- if you talk to us once a week maybe we can talk you down so work dosent overwhelm you. You are never going to believe who went to the gym at 7 am this morning ( Saturday) yes it was me! Shocking but true. I just keep thinking 5 weeks is not that long- and perhaps good habits can be formed.  to you and THANKS for helping me out- I am glad you are here!
Dawn
Heather M.
on 8/8/09 3:27 pm - Modesto, CA
Oh, I always pack my lunch in.  I take a bag for the week, actually.  It's become the joke at work, that if there is a power outage, earthquake or other natural disaster to raid the fridge for Heather's bag, and then run for her office to get in her credenza (where I keep my Wheat Thins, Crystal Light, and mini bags of Popcorn, and canned fruits and soups.

Mainly my goal is to work on moving more, but it's getting the baby to let me do it! =)  She can be unhelpful when she wants to sleep, but doesn't want to do it in her sling or stroller.
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 924 views