Nutrition Appointment

dmsams
on 8/24/09 3:16 am - san antonio, TX
Ladies!

Ok- Here is what the nutritionist told me- Disclosure: this is what she thinks will work for Dawn- remember Dawn is still 50# overweight-so all of you teeny tinys probably dont want to do as i do...

I should still aim for 800 calories- I also gave full disclosure on my activity level as well. She said if i feel lightheaded or not satisfied ...actual hunger (not head hunger) that we can bump it up. I was so confused going in this morning that whatever she would have said would have been okay with me- i will try anything.

My 09-09-09 is still ON- but i am refocusing - we will see how i do by 09-09-09 but that is not the end of it. I have another appt for 9-11-09 with Nut so- i am glad that i started this.

Thank you for the support- I mean it when i say that -

Hugs to everyone....
Dawn
Geminidream
on 9/2/09 8:34 am - Spokane, WA
Just a question Dawn....did she give you a percentage breakdown of where she wants your calories coming from?  My surgeon's new nut.  (wow, is she SMART!!!!) wants different percentages for patients at different stages of loss.  I can't remember what she said for people who are still trying to actively lose but for maintenance she wants a 40/40/30 ratio. %carbs/protein, fats.  Seems foriegn to me.  I'm going to check the pie-chart on Sparkpeople to see where my 'lately diet' is these days. 

Hang in there, you are doing hard work and I'm very proud of you for it!

Hugs!!!

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
dmsams
on 9/2/09 12:38 pm - san antonio, TX
I put pen to paper- it appears that the ratio is 40/40/20....I am giving this the good fight- I really need this to work....going out to eat Mexican food tomorrow- trying to figure out my BEST choice- my sweet husband also made me a birthday cake that I cannot eat! Still a dumper! Let me know anything you find out from nut I welcome all advice/ information
Dawn
inDIANAw
on 9/5/09 6:33 am - Columbus, IN
What did she say about Diet Soda?
I have gotten in to a diet rootbeer a few times a week..I know my Dr was AGAINST diet soda as she said it makes you want to eat..I looked at it as what is better for me ..a diet soda or a cookie so I drank the diet soda.
Just wondering....

Diana

dmsams
on 9/9/09 2:50 am - san antonio, TX
i specifically asked about diet soda and she said and i quote "it is ok in moderation"- BUT trainers at the gym and everone else wags their finger at me for the diet Dr Pepper cuz i dont know what moderation means and i drink a bucketful per day.
Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!