How is everyone???

MelissaF
on 10/9/09 8:27 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Gang!

Sorry been absent a while... having some crazy weeks lately with work extras and speaking at groups etc.  Staying busy as always...

How are you all doing?

I am doing ok, weight wise could be better but could be worse.  I am not complaining.  140 naked.  I want to be at my lowest but again won't complain.   I restarted therapy to help me.  I also took the MMPI (that test to see if I have any psych issues... ugh)  I have generalized anxiety and some mild reoccuring depression at times.  Makes sense honestly.  I am currently being treated and things being tweaked.

I also got started on topomax, its a drug to help me resolve carbohydrate cravings and differentiate between head and real hunger.  It does work!  I like it.  I just got increased on the dose on that one from 25 to 50mg so we will how that goes.

Nothing else really new to report otherwise.  I am leaving to go to boston to visit another RNY friend on the 19th of october for a week then to KC to spend some time with my family (couple days).  I will be in salem, mass some before halloween, FUN!  Looking forward to it!

Let me know what is new with all of you!

HUGS
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

peggys_prayer
on 10/9/09 9:11 am
I had my surgery on the 28th of Sept. I am not sure how it should be going.  I do get discuraged at times.  My biggest problem is trying to eat and drink enough.  Water does not taste the same.  i used to drink a lot of water..

I am still sore.  I cannot takethe pain med. I was given.  have been off liquid Tylenol for twos days.  I feel sore at times.  The incessions are starting to itch and pull.

I have lost 15.6 pounds in less then two weeks.  Is that good?

Peggy
MelissaF
on 10/10/09 6:13 am - Northwood, IA
Congrats on your surgery Peggy!  I think you are doing great, it can be discouraging at times in the beginning... you are not abnormal for feeling that way.  It can be tough learning how the new way of life as a postop.  Do you best to sip sip sip all day.  Try crystal light or drinking water at room temp... it makes a difference for some reason.  

I think your weight loss sounds awesome and it will slow down sometimes to a hault for a couple weeks while the body "catches up" and then start up again so dont be discouraged if this happens to you.  It is notorious for this on week 2-6 sometimes.

Hang in there my friend, keep up the good work, you are doing terrific!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

peggys_prayer
on 10/10/09 8:14 am
Thanks, I needed that encouragement.  I hope to find friend to encourage and get encouragement from on OH.  I kow prayer and trusting in the Lord will take me to the goal.
Heather M.
on 10/10/09 5:26 pm - Modesto, CA
And as Melissa said, it takes time and you'll find that lots of things will never taste the same again.  Which can be good!  Crystal Light is a must have at my house, but I find I water it down in 32 oz, even almost 3 years after surgery, because otherwise it's still too strong for my taste buds.

There is lots of encouragement to be found around OH.

Mel, you're making me tired with all the talk of traveling.  Want to pack the midget along with you?  I'll ship her to you free of charge!?  LOL

She turned 5 months yesterday.  We're eyeing crawling and other fun things very soon.  I sooooo have to get the house ready.  I have no hope for the cats, they can fend for themselves.  *snickers*
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
MelissaF
on 10/15/09 12:32 pm - Northwood, IA
Haha... I need to look at having a 'midget' myself... u must tell me how fantastic it is to be a mom.. kick me in the pants would ya! :-) You daughter is so precious.. i just can't believe how fast time has gone and quickly she has grown already!!!  Don't be trying to get rid of her already!
Hugs, Melissa 

Heather M.
on 11/4/09 11:59 am - Modesto, CA
Her dad would make me come get her back.  He's completely gaga over her.  Now, if I could lose these 30lbs I gained while pregnant, I'd probably be totally blissed out too :)
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Mini-me
on 10/13/09 4:50 am - KY
HEY THERE!!
I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YA THE OTHER DAY WONDERING WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN.  BOY SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON BUT THAT CAN BE A GOOD THING CAN'T IT?

I SURE ENOUGH NEED TO GO SEE A PSYCH ALSO TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP ME WITH MY EATING HABITS.  I HAVE NOW GAINED 14 lbs BACK AND FEEL LIKE THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ME TO GET BACK ON TRACK ANYMORE.

HAVE A GREAT TIME ON YOUR TRIP AND I PRAY YOU HAVE A SAFE ONE.

BLESSINGS
MINI ME

GO COLTS!!!!

MelissaF
on 10/15/09 12:31 pm - Northwood, IA
Hey Melissa!

Yep, just staying uber busy these days with support groups etc... It is a good thing!  Just crazy!  I need to fit a baby in there somewhere! LOL

I think psych help is crutial if we need it... i recommend being in touch with your PCP and therapy if you need it Melissa.  Don't go at this alone.  Obesity is a complex problem much more deep than just a stomach resizing and intestinal rerouting.  If it were that simple there wouldn't be such a thing as regain.  ya know?

14 lbs is still small in comparison to what u have lost... see the people who can help u, disclose your concerns, your struggles.  Be transparent.  Only good can come of it my friend, I promise.

Big hugs... keep me posted. 

Love you!
Hugs, Melissa 

Nancy H.
on 10/16/09 4:58 am - CA
Hi Melissa,

I have been busy too, and I have been worrying about food more than any time in the past 3 years. I stay within a 4 pound range, but I really have to control myself now, and I worry that I might just be able to eat lots of sweets and fats now if I ever give them a real try. I am trying to keep all of my snacks in the protein, fruit and veggie families, but I think my red grapes are making my legs cramp when I eat too many of them. I have discovered all kinds of edamame that I love, dried and fresh in pod and out. I snack on them all the time, and they are saving me now. But I worry that I CAN eat too much if I want to, and I was hoping that would never happen. I hope I can stay under my own control. I never could before.

I wish I had a list of travels and family visits planned. School is driving me more nuts than usual, but there have been a couple of bright spots lately, so there is hope.

Have fun wherever you go, and thanks for keeping in touch with all of us,

Nancy

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 789 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 750 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1422 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 805 views